• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

It's fun that twenty years of Everton managers failed to get under Liverpool's skin and Enormous Samuel has managed it in a matter of weeks.

13 points from 15 under his watch. 11 goals for, 2 goals against.

And hey, it's not as though the FA has backed off from penalizing Everton for diving, Niasse has served a suspension and I suspect it won't be our last this year. They just suspended Lanzini for his dive this weekend too. Wake me when they do it to a big six player.

Up the blues, six points off Spurs.

I’ve said many times on this board that I don’t hate Everton. Not being from Liverpool I don’t have that really engrained in me plus I liked watching Donovan succeed in the PL. I do, however, have a long history of hating Big Sam and his shit teams.

I mostly refer to Klopp's continuing tantrum after the match. He tried to rotate his squad and his shitty defense screwed him over again. And after the Bournemouth match a full week and two games later he was praising Eddie Howe for playing an open game and not sitting in. Well Bournemouth got destroyed, 4-0, and maybe it's not wise to play an open match against one of the most lethal attacking teams in the league.

I'm not going to pretend I like watching this team under Big Sam, but it's better than watching us lose under Koeman with absolutely no direction whatsoever. And he seems to be infuriating everyone he plays against which we can use to climb back up the table if teams aren't willing to adapt.

I mostly refer to Klopp's continuing tantrum after the match. He tried to rotate his squad and his shitty defense screwed him over again. And after the Bournemouth match a full week and two games later he was praising Eddie Howe for playing an open game and not sitting in. Well Bournemouth got destroyed, 4-0, and maybe it's not wise to play an open match against one of the most lethal attacking teams in the league.

I'm not going to pretend I like watching this team under Big Sam, but it's better than watching us lose under Koeman with absolutely no direction whatsoever. And he seems to be infuriating everyone he plays against which we can use to climb back up the table if teams aren't willing to adapt.

If hoofing the ball up and down the pitch is good enough for United, it's good enough for me (though it's a bit like downing a spoonful of cough syrup)

I love Big Sam's style, much more pleasing on the eyes than the side-to-side Barca knock off crap that Koeman tried to play.

I also love the snide. Crunching tackles and talking S. Go on boys!

I love Big Sam's style, much more pleasing on the eyes than the side-to-side Barca knock off crap that Koeman tried to play.

I also love the snide. Crunching tackles and talking S. Go on boys!

Meh, I can do without watching Pickford punt the ball to the other 18, rinse and repeat.

Presumably because he's a Nine figure player he won't be suspended for his dive today.

Barcelona are trying to drag me down into Brasky levels of hatred. First, the whole Griezmann tapping up thing which to be honest I haven't read much about it. Then Suarez sends Coutinho a Barca branded bottle of booze in a "secret santa" thing that for some reason involves a Liverpool player. Then Iniesta is talking to the press about how Coutinho wouldn't come in to take his job but to make the team better alongside him. COME ON.

Barcelona are trying to drag me down into Brasky levels of hatred. First, the whole Griezmann tapping up thing which to be honest I haven't read much about it. Then Suarez sends Coutinho a Barca branded bottle of booze in a "secret santa" thing that for some reason involves a Liverpool player. Then Iniesta is talking to the press about how Coutinho wouldn't come in to take his job but to make the team better alongside him. COME ON.

But but but they're sooooooooo charitable.

Maybe Franco was right.

Not yet! More uneven application of that fun rule.

the day a top 6 player is banned for diving, is the sign that the apocalypse is upon us: it just aint happening.
i would love to see then change it to a panel of 5, with only 3 of the 5 needing to call it a dive or not a dive. its not a court of law - these calls are subjective.

the day a top 6 player is banned for diving, is the sign that the apocalypse is upon us: it just aint happening.
i would love to see then change it to a panel of 5, with only 3 of the 5 needing to call it a dive or not a dive. its not a court of law - these calls are subjective.

Sterling will flop his way into a ban at some point. Not sure who the most likely candidate is from Liverpool. It seems like Mane either goes down way too easily or stubbornly refuses to go down when fouled so he can stumble forwards and toe it wide.

I love Tomas Rosicky. Hate that injuries took so much out of his career.

"The worst thing about London is Tottenham"

Back