• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Davies in for Rooney, Jagielka in for Williams. Pretty defensive setup, this never worked playing Schneiderlin-Gana-Davies, at least not with Koeman in charge.

This is your preference, Brasky?

Punt it to DCL on an island and hope beyond hope he'll do something majestic?

Obnoxious footie

Pretty much had my phone turned off since the game started yesterday. Hot damn….that was a roller coaster. Mane has looked off the last few games. Wouldn’t be shocked if he got dropped for Lallana :)heart:) next time. Speaking of which, if Mignolet keeps his spot, I’ll eat my own face. I’ve turned into a big Robertson fanboy. Not sure how he was left out for so long. That 5 minute Arsenal blitz had me in a low place. I forgot all the tactical shit I'm supposed to keep in my brain and just became a random fan. Gotta rewatch again today. Objectively, that was a fucking fantastic game. We should have put Arsenal away early though.

One thing that bothers me is that it seems like, once Klopp’s tactics start to go poorly, he doesn’t have great alternative ones. Like he doesn’t know what to do when his “heavy metal football” doesn’t work. His switch to a 4-4-2 then to a 5-4-1 seemed negative, especially during good spells from the team. Just drop Mane, Mignolet, and Henderson (injury notwithstanding) for now and let it ride.

Thought Hazard's career was over there for a minute, given his rolling around screaming. Alas, he was sprinting not thirty seconds later.

Back