• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

beat Stoke and within 12 points with 15 to play

hqdefault.jpg

How bummed are you gonna be when ManU finishes behind spurs?

Me? We've finished behind them how many years in a row now?

I think I'll survive.

But I do think United finish 2nd about 6 or 7 points back. It will never really be a title race though.

Stephen Ireland back from the dead and in the team to face United today. Honestly had no idea he was still on Stoke or even still playing.

Sanchez to United?
Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan and Malcom to Arsenal?

Could this actually be a productive winter transfer window??

Sanchez to United?
Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan and Malcom to Arsenal?

Could this actually be a productive winter transfer window??

"Sanchez will receive a salary of £350,000 a week, putting him above the likes of Paul Pogba and Sergio Aguero in the top earners list." :eek:

Just finished watching today's match... Pogba is sublime and just watching the replays of the goals on Twitter today did not do him justice. Completely ran the show in his new found freedom and I hope Jose puts Matic and Herrera behind him in the big games and just lets Pogba do Pogba things against the big sides. Not really a 4-2-3-1 since I would want Pogba to roam more, but pretty much just give him a free role, have Matic and Herrera holding, and any two of Martial, Lingard, Mkhi, Mata, Rashford, (Alexis?) on the wings with Lukaku leading the line. Profit.

The through ball where he broke up the pass and set someone on goal (maybe Lingaard) was pretty absurd. I actually thought Lingaard could have gotten there or at least got a touch to draw a PK. He certainly looked good yesterday. At times, he seems so nonchalant, but it's not like he isn't performing at a high level regardless of how he looks doing it.

I’m of two different minds about the idea that Sanchez may be headed to United. IMO, he is exactly what United need at the moment. That is creativity, energy and work rate in the final 3rd of the pitch. They won’t catch City but his presence gives them a much better shot in the champions league and in the race for the top 4.

On the other hand, United are starting to fall a little bit into the trap of paying for past performance. He’ll be the highest paid player in the premiership and at age 29, and given the high energy way he plays, there’s an argument that his window as an elite player could close sooner rather than later.

Fair point about his age and ability 2 or 3 season into the future. Same happened with RvP but he won us #19 soooo

If Alexis wins us the CL this year or a big trophy next year then he's worth the risk of dropping off in 2019/20 or 20/21

Back