• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Yeah, ManU doesn't give a shit about cost. They're straight flush with cash compared to the rest of the league (other than a couple of clubs, obviously).

Sounds like Dean Henderson has been quite good today, though he's only encountered a single shot on goal thus far.

DV7, has he any future and ManU, you think? In other words, is he ManU quality?

I like Joel Pereira more, to be honest. Henderson could be a future Prem keeper tho.

I like Joel Pereira more, to be honest. Henderson could be a future Prem keeper tho.
He can't be very old, right?

Honestly, (if he played in the first match) I didn't even notice him last week. For the replay, we're radio only so I've been able to pay better attention.

Henderson is 20 or so Pereira is a year older I think.

And neither have much of a chance at MUFC as long as de Gea is around.

Goal! Reece Burke! With seven minutes to go in the second period of extra time!

Assist from Toni Martinez. Phew

Chelsea serious with this Andy Carroll buy???
To respond seriously, Andy Carroll is undeniably a game-changing, halfback harassing, constant goal threat in the air...when he's on the field. Scores an easy brace for west ham then he's out for a month. Starts three games in a row and he's out for as many months.

For west ham, he's a starter when he's healthy. Which is rarely. For Chelsea, he's a game-changing 80th minute substitute who plays half an hour every couple of weeks. He'd be excellent in that role, if he'd take it. Not worth £30 million, obviously, but he'd certainly have a different role. I've no doubt he'd be better than, say, iheanacho or Batshuayi in the last ten minutes of games. Think about how effective Peter Crouch has been at the end of games for Stoke, even as an old man. Also, remember how nobody in Europe had an answer for a huge English striker like him when he was at Tottenham. And Andy Carroll is a way better athlete than Crouch. Probably not smarter or better with his feet, but AC is stronger and more physical.

Carroll to Crouch?!?! Who is up next for Chelsea to chase? Craig Bellamy expecting a call?

That's one of the prettiest goals you'll see. 6 one touch passes between Willian, Hazard and Batshuayi.

there is a chemistry between Hazard and Willian -- surprised how little Chelsea exploits this

Back