• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Fair point about transfer fees. But huge wages preclude most clubs from doing this too.

Was more of an observation than anything else. West Ham certainly tries to do something similar, just with way shittier players (e.g. Joe Cole, Benayoun, Robbie Keane of the top of my head)

Which goes back to my point about having success at the time where the PL took off and money really started to roll in. Man United earn more than every other English club... so wouldn't it stand to reason that they should spend more as well?

What is wrong with that?

Solid work here from the ManU marketing team:

Weird that Sanchez is introduced to the tune of the "Battle Hymn of the Republic".

Emre Can captains Liverpool today. I read somewhere they offered Coutinho the full time captaincy to stay. I wonder if Klopp thinks this stuff matters more than it does. I guess it is one of the things he has full control over so why not.

Emre Can captains Liverpool today. I read somewhere they offered Coutinho the full time captaincy to stay. I wonder if Klopp thinks this stuff matters more than it does. I guess it is one of the things he has full control over so why not.
I always laugh in FM when a player wants to be promised the captaincy or VC just to enter contract negotiations.

Ok, digital dude...Not that important.

I always laugh in FM when a player wants to be promised the captaincy or VC just to enter contract negotiations.

Ok, digital dude...Not that important.

I picture Henderson sitting at his breakfast table, reading the Coutinho thing in the paper and thinking "well fuck me".

I'm not sure Karius will ever make a save. Most of them aren't his fault but you could say "it wouldn't have been his fault" for a bunch of saves you see week to week by good goalkeepers.

Liverpool were awful today. Mane and Salah had chances and didn't come close to scoring. Tough three points to drop.

Someone needed to fill Sunderland's shitty start->fire manager->become a force that narrowly escapes relegation boots. Swansea seems to wear it well

The young guns from Leicester were highly entertaining this morning. Some really tidy footballing at times.

Back