• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Sure is

What was your take on Mane's red card for booting Ederson in the face earlier this season, again? I'm sure it was consistent with what you are saying today.

Uh, yeah. It was a red...if you cleat a dude above the waist, it's a red. I know you never got my insight on that, but I never had an issue with it. You go in that high, you get sent off.

Sure is

What was your take on Mane's red card for booting Ederson in the face earlier this season, again? I'm sure it was consistent with what you are saying today.

Boot to the the face is my new favorite thing. I’ve been kind of tracking them this season and I see red cards at about a 5% rate.

Tee hee
5bece0a6454e76afb11e927a8490fc29.jpg

You would be surprised. Mane and one other guy I can’t remember got red cards. The rest were a mix of no acknowledgement, stern talking to and instant yellow.

ManU had a solid kick the face recently. I think it was Valencia? Near the touchline on a clearance attempt.

It's game threads like these that remind me how nice it is to be an Everton supporter, without any worry of having to banter back-and-forth over games of significance because there are none.

Wakephan what is happening at the Olympic?

CLUB IS CRISIS

ALSO BAINESY IS BACK. COLEMAN IS KING. CENK WITH HIS SECOND IN TWO. BOLASIE HAS COME ALIVE.

THE BOYS ARE BACK!!!!!

(its because we're at home, on the road we're a League One side)

Wakephan what is happening at the Olympic?

CLUB IS CRISIS

ALSO BAINESY IS BACK. COLEMAN IS KING. CENK WITH HIS SECOND IN TWO. BOLASIE HAS COME ALIVE.

THE BOYS ARE BACK!!!!!

(its because we're at home, on the road we're a League One side)

And you instantly see the impact of having a left back that can get forward on Cenk’s goal. I thought everyone was pretty good today with the exception of Davies. To me his first touch is still pretty bad and he’s not a at a level to be a consistent starter for us yet. He does bring energy and an attacking mentality so I like him coming off the bench in the last 10-20. Would prefer Gueye in there to allow Rooney more freedom to get forward. Or Klassen

And you instantly see the impact of having a left back that can get forward on Cenk’s goal. I thought everyone was pretty good today with the exception of Davies. To me his first touch is still pretty bad and he’s not a at a level to be a consistent starter for us yet. He does bring energy and an attacking mentality so I like him coming off the bench in the last 10-20. Would prefer Gueye in there to allow Rooney more freedom to get forward. Or Klassen

SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH YOU

Le Saux just made a great point RE: Lovren and VVD

If Lovren is going up for a header then VVD has to provide cover. On the two goals, he hasn't. He's stayed on an even line with him so if the header is lost he's already behind the ball. Poor positioning for the most expensive defender of all time.

Watched it back on DVR and shockingly (!!) Le Saux was wrong. VVD was well back on the first goal and the second you can maybe say he was the fourth worst offender. He did completely shit the bed once but Mata didn’t realize he had time to write his name on the ball then shoot but missed an overhead.

Back