• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I’m seeing a lot of “should have had three penalties” on Twitter. What were the other two? One was obvious but I’m not sure I remember Liverpool being in the box two other times.

the ref in the Spurs game has completely fucked it up

the reffing in the Premiership is simply horrible, no excuse for the game-in, game-out shit show that we are forced to witness

I’m seeing a lot of “should have had three penalties” on Twitter. What were the other two? One was obvious but I’m not sure I remember Liverpool being in the box two other times.
Yep...
02cf2a3dde4b41f7706f637e8571c0e4.jpg

Echo citing some of the challenges on Milner (Bailly), Salah (Young), and Mane (Fellaini). Personally didn't think any of those were penalties, and if anything, Mane fouled Fellaini. That said, the handball shout seemed like a legit one.

Oh well, lamenting refereeing decisions is just a coping mechanism. Shouldn't be in the refs' hands in the first place. TAA had a nightmare game (VVD pissed me off too), and that was the difference.

Arsenal finally starting to find their form again. Cech with his 200th premier league clean sheet along with goals from Miki, Auba, Mustafi.

Wakephan what is happening at the Olympic?

CLUB IS CRISIS

Yeah, what the hell just happened, Hammers?

They ran into the unstoppable force of Burnley !!!!

It was ugly, but I had to laugh when the tenth pitch invader stole the corner flag and planted in in the center circle during the match.

We were dominating play and chances until Burnley scored their first goal (in the second half), then we just fell apart. No depth means injuries have decimated us.

Sad times, but I'm not giving up on the club I love.

Gotta think Noble throwing down with the fan had something to do with them conceding mere moments later

It was ugly, but I had to laugh when the tenth pitch invader stole the corner flag and planted in in the center circle during the match.

We were dominating play and chances until Burnley scored their first goal (in the second half), then we just fell apart. No depth means injuries have decimated us.

Sad times, but I'm not giving up on the club I love.

I turned it off at 60 minutes and missed probably the most exciting 30 minutes of Burnley football on the year (although the 3 goals in the first half against Chelsea was great). West Ham played better but then fell apart. They better pull it together for the rest of the season or they will be relegated.

I turned it off at 60 minutes and missed probably the most exciting 30 minutes of Burnley football on the year (although the 3 goals in the first half against Chelsea was great). West Ham played better but then fell apart. They better pull it together for the rest of the season or they will be relegated.

We've been relegated before. In fact, the most recent season in the FIZZY POP was one of the most enjoyable in all of my years as a fan. The banter with wsc all season, especially when Reading destroyed us twice, was particularly memorable.

The Championship can be fun.

Not as much when you only win 8 games in 37 doe. Jaap Stam, one-year wonder. Shame.

West Brom is such a miserable team. They'll probably win today now that I've said it, but they must be the worst combo of terrible and boring in recent seasons.

Hahaha where did that come from?

I was looking at lineups and just realized what a shit team they are. There's almost no talent there (I like Brunt and Dawson) and they continue playing the most miserable defensive football even when they know they need wins to have a chance at staying up. Pardew is the worst and I mostly blame him for the horrible tactics. And then he's spineless on top of it and starts guys who were just stealing taxis the week before.

There have been worse teams, but I can't think of more boring ones. West Brom is a team that's happy to take the ball to the corner in the 5th minute if it means a 0-0 draw.

(Mostly I'm just bored waiting for the 11am starts)

I'd nominate last year's Middlesbro team as more boring. At least there's a bit of a car-crash element with WBA this year

Stoke used to be the worst. Just batter you with defensive structure. Their attack was that one dude with the long throw (ETA: Rory Delap) and that was about it. Now they have this weird collection of flair players.

Last edited:
Back