• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

The ref has lost his mind. Doesn’t call the foul then lets Mane just pick the ball up with no card. Absurd.

Lallana is broken. Just had a bunch of quotes the other day about how he is finally fully fit. Not sure how England can take him to Russia at this point.

How do you quantify that?
I obviously can't quantify luck you dumb dumb. But for the third match in a row we've lost a vital player to injury in the first ten minutes. And we have to replace him with a 21-year old who hasn't played a minute of football in four months.

Then we score twice.

Then another player down injured. Lol

I obviously can't quantify luck you dumb dumb. But for the third match in a row we've lost a vital player to injury in the first ten minutes. And we have to replace him with a 21-year old who hasn't played a minute of football in four months.

Then we score twice.

Then another player down injured. Lol

Lots of injuries and more than would be reasonably expected during the course of the season. If these are muscular or joint injuries it seems like something going on during training is to blame and it isn't simply just "luck".

dumb dumb. :thumbsup:

You're not wrong, but we've purpose built an entirely new training ground to supposedly fix the injury-causing pitches and gone through several medical and training staffs since I've been here.

The actual answer is that we just never have depth so injuries hurt us disproportionately. Then we probably try to bring important players back quickly instead of giving them time to ease back in and they are at higher risk of reinjury.

This season only Watford has had an injury record clearly worse than ours. They've been decimated.

He's never flashy, but Mark Noble has been so good today. So sharp and focused, winning every 50-50 and getting first to every rebound. Leadership!

Back