• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Did vad give any warning before quitting the boards? This thread isn't doing so hot without him, townie, fuheel, etc. Even dv has taken his foot off the posting pedal lately.

Trump's election has made the boards a lot meaner. for this reason posters have reduced how much time they spend here or stopped posting entirely.

DV7 is about the same though.

Trump's election has made the boards a lot meaner. for this reason posters have reduced how much time they spend here or stopped posting entirely.

DV7 is about the same though.

For as often as I read/post on the sports/pit I never have any desire to visit the Tunnels.

Had to watch Spurs-Chelsea on delay as I had food poisoning Sunday morning (ugh) but hey, what an enjoyable match.

And, in even better news, Matt Law is reporting at the Telegraph that the club is planning new contracts/raises for Poch (to £8.5m/yr) and Kane, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lloris, and Vertonghen. Dembele has stated that he'll discuss contracts after the WC. Let's keep the gang together, shall we?

Had to watch Spurs-Chelsea on delay as I had food poisoning Sunday morning (ugh) but hey, what an enjoyable match.

And, in even better news, Matt Law is reporting at the Telegraph that the club is planning new contracts/raises for Poch (to £8.5m/yr) and Kane, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lloris, and Vertonghen. Dembele has stated that he'll discuss contracts after the WC. Let's keep the gang together, shall we?

I didn't report that

Seems like they are done with TOBY!

It does. He's asking for £180/wk since that's what Van Dijk got. So thanks a lot for that, Liverpool! He probably deserves around 120, which would be doable. I actually think Spurs offered that at one point.

Probably better to sell him for a hefty fee this summer and reinvest in the aforementioned contracts/young talent. Sanchez is no Alderweireld but he's much cheaper, 8 years (!) younger than Toby, and has filled in quite admirably. He'll be a mainstay for the next few years, although playing alongside Jan would make a lot of players look good.

Sanchez is really good, I would love to have him at Liverpool.

Speaking of Liverpool CBs.....Matip is out for the season, Klavan is out for a few more weeks, Gomez a few more weeks, Can out tomorrow. Not even sure who the emergency CB is if something happened to VVD or Lovren tomorrow. Miler? Hendo? Woof....

Did vad give any warning before quitting the boards? This thread isn't doing so hot without him, townie, fuheel, etc. Even dv has taken his foot off the posting pedal lately.

I didn't "quit" - just got super busy what with starting a new company and all, and then have had a very serious family issue to deal with as well. I'll try to stop back by more often now that things are settling down a bit.

I've been in Dublin for an hour and have already had three conversations about footie. Everyone pities me for supporting Everton, but loves that I'm heading to the Derby.

I didn't "quit" - just got super busy what with starting a new company and all, and then have had a very serious family issue to deal with as well. I'll try to stop back by more often now that things are settling down a bit.

Humble brag/drag. Glad you are back!

I hung out with Steven Pienaar this evening. Hell of a bloke!

This trip is way cooler than I realized. We have a private lunch tomorrow at Goodison and then they're taking us to tour the docks where the new stadium is going in.

Everton is a proper club.

Back