• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I'm fascinated by what Klopp does for the Merseyside derby. You have to assume that he will use all of the first team players that didn’t feature against City but with Can, Lallana, Matip, Gomez and Klavan injured, he has very little available in midfield or at center back. So unless he brings up some a U-23 player, the best of which are all out on loan, the lineup will likely look like this:

Karius
Clyne, Lovren, VVD, Moreno
Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum
Ings, Solanke, Woodburn

Having said that, I have to assume Klopp finds a way to rest Milner who really doesn’t have the legs to play midfield in 3 games in 7 days. Other than playing Robertson and then using Moreno in the midfield, or using some kids from the academy, I'm not sure how he does it.

Alderweireld is healthy but left out of the squad for tomorrow's match against Stoke.

So.

Yeah.

Bye, Toby.

Likely returning soon to the Premier League:

Sadio Mane, the Allen Iverson of the Premier League... perpetually open and never afraid to take a low percentage shot when someone else is wide open.

Not shocking but the drop off from Salah to Solanke/Ings is enormous. Not really the same as having Rashford, Bernardo Silva, Jesus, Pedro, Lamela, etc filling in.

Posting here because you all would appreciate it.

My secret Santa gift from this year: an excellent 1970 SK Rapid shirt courtesy of Vad.

GToV4so_d.jpg

Why is this De Gea giving up so many goals ? You people said he was great.

Back