• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I can't wait for Joe Hart to save a Lukaku penalty and Chicharito to earn a hattrick in the season opener against Man U

I can't wait for Joe Hart to save a Lukaku penalty and Chicharito to earn a hattrick in the season opener against Man U

4-3 United win.

Chich hatty
Hart saves Lukaku penalty (why Lukaku taking it? who knows! but let's go with it...)
Mkhi hatty +1

Can't wait.

In for this thread.

Spurs should be aiming for CL qual again (of course) and a better showing, especially in the context of all the other clubs throwing money around. Another title run would be bonus. Love our squad, not our depth.

I actually think Spurs proved to have very good depth last season - Danny Rose and Erik Lamela basically didn't play at all forcing backups into their spots for the nearly the entire season, Kane got hurt twice and both Alderweireld and Vertonghen missed time as well. And yet Spurs finished an easy 2nd, with huge minutes played by squad players (Ben Davies, Son, Harry Winks, etc).

Harry Winks is a poor man's Darren Fletcher.

And Son might just be better than Lamela in Poch's system. Lamela more talented, but Son more disciplined.

Harry Winks is a poor man's Darren Fletcher.

And Son might just be better than Lamela in Poch's system. Lamela more talented, but Son more disciplined.

Darren Fletcher was a pretty good player! I think Winks is better than a "poor man's" version of him, and Josh Onomah is also there in mix as a squad player at CM. Spurs have pretty good depth everywhere but at RB (unless Kyle Walker-Peters is really ready), CB (seems Wimmer is gone this summer) and maybe at striker (Son can play there and big VJ hopefully will be better, but yeah ... Kane has to stay healthy for Spurs to win anything).

So other than 4 of 10 positions Spurs have quality depth. Got it.

Everton have spent a shit load on average players. Shutty.

I don't think Keane and Pickford are average, but I'm not sold on the rest of the signings. It is a lot of money, at least for Everton. Shows some ambition, which is nice. Assuming McCarthy gets sold before the window is over, it will be close to another non net spend though. That Lukaku money is pretty nice.

Pickford is a meh GK

poor, poor footwork on crosses and shots across his face.

Pickford and Keane will be lucky to make the England 2018 squad, much less be regular starters/players

I give Pickford a greater chance just because I think all England GKs are rather crap, so he could have a good season and force his way into Southgate rolling the dice on him.

Pickford and Keane will be lucky to make the England 2018 squad, much less be regular starters/players

Keane will surpass Jones and Smalling this season as TSO reduces their minutes. Besides Cahill, who else am I missing? Stones? LOL.

Pickford will be the English #1 after Hart underwhelms again

OHHH Chicharito's magic -- he wears sombrero hats,
He likes to drink tequila in Andy Carroll's flat!
He could have signed for Chelsea or Man United too,
His name is Chicharito, he wears claret and blue!

Chelsea and Man United were in for Chicharito?

I guess that sounds better than
"He could have signed for Newcastle or Burnley too..."

But Burnley wears claret and blue too so I see where the issue would have come from.

Chelsea and Man United were in for Chicharito?

I guess that sounds better than
"He could have signed for Newcastle or Burnley too..."

But Burnley wears claret and blue too so I see where the issue would have come from.

lolololol, this from the man who spent 2 years swearing he was the 2nd coming of Pippo Inzaghi.

Pickford is a meh GK

poor, poor footwork on crosses and shots across his face.

You're nuts. His weakness is discipline and that's about it, which is crazy for a 23 year old.

7.04 Whoscored rating compared to 6.57 for De Gea, 6.77 for Lloris. But sure.

Reactions: ONW
Back