• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Rooney-Sandro
Klaasen-Dowell
Schneidy-Gueye

Starting today against Genk. Me likey.

lolololol, this from the man who spent 2 years swearing he was the 2nd coming of Pippo Inzaghi.

1) I wasn't saying Chicharito is a bad player, I'm just saying I don't think Chelsea or Man United were linked with him.

2) See below:

Pippo: 288 goals in 623 career apps (goal every 2.27 club apps). 25 goals in 57 career caps (goal every 2.28 caps). Total: goal every 2.17 games.
Chicharito: 136 goals in 346 career apps (goal every 2.54 club apps). 48 goals in 96 career caps (goal every 2 caps). Total: goal every 2.4 games.

Pippo through age 29 season (Chicharito's current age): 178 goals in 351 apps (goal every 1.97 club apps). 15 goals in 44 caps (goal every 2.93 caps). Total: goal every 2.04 games.

I mean, he isn't quite as good as Pippo was but he is a damn good poaching striker.

DDG is insane.

I feel like it was someone on last year's offseason thread who didn't think he accounted for 5+ wins a season by himself. That's crazy. He is so incredibly skilled to couple with world class reactions and instincts.

So ready for SOCCER to be back

uh oh carter vickers

He was comically bad vs. whoever I watched them play the other night (PSG maybe?). Don't see much PT in his near future.

DDG is insane.

I feel like it was someone on last year's offseason thread who didn't think he accounted for 5+ wins a season by himself. That's crazy. He is so incredibly skilled to couple with world class reactions and instincts.

dv7 was spot on with this one. Everyone on the board threw the hate at DDG and he's World Class now. Probably top 2 in the world by my book (my book is oft wrong but whatev)

He's very good but its hard to get excited about an impressive PK display against Real's U20 team plus Kovacic and Casemiro.

It's really tough to pick a best eleven without dropping someone who was fundamentally important to our success last two seasons (e.g. Kouyate, Obiang, Noble, Cresswell, Antonio). I guess that means the squad is improving. Here are my best eleven in various formations.

The only undroppable player I see, when healthy, is Lanzini. Fortunately, West Ham is never, ever healthy. Bottom line is that Slav is going to have loads of different formations and combinations to go with.

(4-2-3-1)
------------Hart-----------------
Zabba--Reid--Fonte--Cresswell
-------Noble--Kouyate----------
Antonio--Lanzini--Arnautovich
---------Chicharito-------------

(3-5-2)
--------------Hart
-----Reid--Fonte--Ogbonna
Zabba --------------------Cresswell
------------Obiang------------
------Antonio--Arnautovich
--------------Lanzini------------
------Chicharito---------------

(4-4-2)
------------Hart--------------
Zabba--Reid--Fonte--Cresswell
---------Kouyate-------------
Antonio--Lanzini--Arnautovich
----Chicharito--Carroll------

(Cup Eleven)
-------------Adrian-------------
Byrum-Collins-Ogbonna-Masuaku
Fegouli--Cullen--Fernandes--Snodgrass
------------Fletcher--Ayew---------------

Chicharito can't do shit without service, hope there's some creators on that side.

Chicharito can't do shit without service, hope there's some creators on that side.

I think he's going to bring in a pretty good haul this season. Don't like the guy but he just scores goals. Doesn't wow you all that often his goal-scoring record is damn impressive. Classic poaching instincts.

...how the hell is he only 29?

I think playing Chicharito and AC together would leave a great deal to be desired offensively in terms of creativity.

Back