• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Spurs are trialing rail seat installation in the new stadium during the construction phase - obviously will not be there when the stadium opens (barring a stunning change in the rules) but Spurs want to be totally prepared for the introduction of safe standing as soon as it's possible.

DFvU9kHV0AEQ68L.jpg

Vincent Kompany, officially still a d-bag.

Even I, total Pep fanboy, was thinking wth with 3 huge fees for fullbacks. But damn what a difference, hope it holds in real games

Neymar still a bitch, Messi still God.

So I totally missed the City/Spurs match today, watching highlights on youtube. Is this really how we lined up today?:

dbRariH.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently Spurs looked shitty yesterday. Few weeks until opening weekend and still haven't made a sighing.

Come fucking on.

I've been living in London for more than two months now this stretch and not met a single spurs fan. Drinking alone in Highgate right now...this is proper north London. And that's coming from someone that lived a year in Islington

Also Fucking bus wouldn't let me on because my oyster was dry and night buses apparently only take contactless, no cash or card. America way behind on this.

Phil Jones suspended UEFA Super Cup and first CL group stage game plus a fine. Daley Blind just a fine.

Both for players either being belligerent (Jones) towards doping officials, or being reluctant to take the test (Blind)

The requested drug testings were apparently right after the final whistle as players were still celebrating on the pitch, so I *get* the anger/frustration of Jones and Blind, but you have to take that test when asked to. Officials should have considered the timing of the situation and waited until the players went back to the locker room to move them to the testing center.

Both players reportedly did not fail their eventually taken tests.

dv7, finally watched (most of, at least) the Best 30 for 30. Really good. In addition to the sadness I felt for a guy who had it all and allowed personal demons to deprive all of us, and himself, of so much more, a couple of things were crazy to see:

- Managers smoking on the bench, during games
- Backpasses from defenders to keepers, who were allowed to pick them up back then (which is how the game was played when I was a kid)

Also never really put together the Munich disaster and the rise of Best - he essentially helped the club rise from the ashes, both figuratively and literally. Moving stuff. Still hate fucking United, though.

dv7, finally watched (most of, at least) the Best 30 for 30. Really good. In addition to the sadness I felt for a guy who had it all and allowed personal demons to deprive all of us, and himself, of so much more, a couple of things were crazy to see:

- Managers smoking on the bench, during games
- Backpasses from defenders to keepers, who were allowed to pick them up back then (which is how the game was played when I was a kid)

Also never really put together the Munich disaster and the rise of Best - he essentially helped the club rise from the ashes, both figuratively and literally. Moving stuff. Still hate fucking United, though

I wish I believed in Hell.

dv7, you putting together another fantasy league this season?

Back