• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

what a pass to pick out by Tuanzebe there. Martial's first touch really let him down.

Barca deserved to win though. Hope to see them in Europe...in April.

Nice little run from Tuanzebe tho

Only real piece of skill I saw in the 20 min I watched

Lol Martial is trash

LOL your opinion is trash.

tumblr_otkdhqIbGp1tf8a5ao1_500.gif

Martial is the 104th rated player on Whoscored, which...isn't trash, but it's not great

102 Petr Cech
103 Antonio Barragan
104 Anthony Martial
105 Eric Dier
106 Peter Crouch

I know he's only 21 but he strikes me as wasteful and a bit petulant

Maybe eventually he'll be worth his asinine cost but I still don't really see it

Certainly been wrong before

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me, I'm not saying that MUFC don't have a lot of tall players, I'm saying that they weren't all bought by one manager.

I also found issue with "half decent" because that doesn't describe many of our tall players.

For instance, Pogba is class and Fellaini is ass.

Martial is the 104th rated player on Whoscored, which...isn't trash, but it's not great

102 Petr Cech
103 Antonio Barragan
104 Anthony Martial
105 Eric Dier
106 Peter Crouch

I know he's only 21 but he strikes me as wasteful and a bit petulant

Maybe eventually he'll be worth his asinine cost but I still don't really see it

Certainly been wrong before

He was quite poor last season for what his talent level is. No argument there.

And I'm not sure he will realize his potential at MUFC or another club, but he is going to be a stud at international level in the very near future IMO.

He was sooooo bad at Euros tho

And isn't France p stacked?

I don't click on the Star unless truly compelled, so won't be doing so here, but just go through that Guardian article and it was horrible.

The first Premier League-winning team had an average height of 5ft 11in, pretty much the same as the last three. The last four Champions League winners have all been less than 6ft man for man.

last I checked 5'11" is less than 6'

Dude had an idea and made facts fit his narrative and it resulted in a crap article.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me, I'm not saying that MUFC don't have a lot of tall players, I'm saying that they weren't all bought by one manager.

I also found issue with "half decent" because that doesn't describe many of our tall players.

For instance, Pogba is class and Fellaini is ass.

I meant they're not just picking up the tallest guys but tall guys with at least some semblance of talent. Really just a throwaway comment, lotta big dudes, caught my attention vs. our small team

I nearly pulled the trigger on these the other day ... would truly cement my German football hipster cred. €240 was a bit steep though.

190f07a0eab56d81bf1fe039924537d1.jpg

What's the best site for streaming footie?

I'm trying to watch the Everton Europa match this afternoon.

I always find streams from the RAWK guys scouring the internet for the best English stream. I’m assuming the Everton board does the same thing.

www.goatd.net (sounds fishy; promise it ain't)

I use that for everything. Soccer, baseball, NBA, NFL RedZone...you name it. Just make sure you have AdBlock on and the right plug ins.

Full disclosure: I have no idea how safe it really is, but I've been using that site or another version of it for years.

Back