• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I hope Spurs can climb out of this Watford-shaped hole and unfuck this match. Opportunities out there today.

Enormous comeback win for the team today. A loss would have felt catastrophic considering the mood around the club with respect to injuries, lack of signings, and Poch/Eriksen constantly the source of rumors. Happy for Llorente that he's able to contribute as well.

Thought it prob should have been red for Maguire and definitely a penalty on Keita, but they were not good on the night. That was super frustrating.

Edit - the “prob” was just for Maguire, though I’m trying not to think about it more because I’d just get upset; it was definitely a penalty on Keita. Struggling to remain breezy about it, but they need the full squad back healthy soon.

Last edited:
Ha. Dude was smart to pull that one. I love the Maguire meme in general, though. (but he should have been sent off!!!!)

He was the last man and was making absolutely no attempt to play the ball. You could argue that the pass was going slightly away from goal, and maybe it’s far away (? I don’t know what all they consider), but there was a pretty clear path. No defender was catching Mane there.

345c1ed.jpg

Last edited:
To no one's surprise, Spurs make it two consecutive windows without bringing in a player. Will likely be 19 months between purchases before all is said and done.

Crouch to Burnley. Markovic to Fulham. Crazy deadline day. Any dildo sightings in Stoke at least?

Lazar Markovic may be off to Club America. Such a wild ride for him, although he may have a block transfer clause in his contract. When was the last window an EPL player left for Liga MX?

And somehow he ends up at Fulham in a permanent move. Wow.

To no one's surprise, Spurs make it two consecutive windows without bringing in a player. Will likely be 19 months between purchases before all is said and done.

If poch leaves take Valverde. He has no interest in playing new signings anyway

I'm starting to get a little worried about Gomez. Also, this is at least the second injury -- after Rhian Brewster -- where something was either missed, mis-diagnosed, or something popped up during rehab. Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe neither Gomez nor Brewster are quick healers, or maybe Liverpool need to review a few things with their medical staff. Brewster will end up basically not having played any for like a year and a half. It was an ankle injury, then something in the knee showed up, or something like that. Maybe it's just really bad luck in both cases, I don't know.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...iverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-pinpoints-15767780

Back