• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Brasky, care to give a quick report on the game? I followed a bit on my phone didn’t get to watch.

Marco rolled out his standard 4-2-3-1 with DCL up top, and everyone else where you'd expect them. While we dominated possession, we had only a few half decent chances on goal. Richarlison's goal was more of a howler by their keeper, than a work of art. They did exactly what the scouting report told them to, and played for set pieces. All three Millwall goals, including the game winner in stoppage time and the second goal which was handed in, came from set pieces.

Its the same shit Marco has been rolling out all season. I've never seen a more tepid, and frankly spineless, soccer team. Everyone looks terrified to try anything, so we pass the ball backwards and sideways until somebody turns it over. I believe I saw after the match that we have conceded 15 set piece goals this season. The growing pains of "learning" zonal marking costs us nearly a dozen points in the early part of the season when our schedule was cake, and its something that Silva obviously does not know how to coach. He has zero Plan B, and rolls out the same shit sandwich each week, hoping that somehow the results will change. It feels exactly like Martinez's final season.

Not Premier League related, and I don't really like Miguel Delaney, but this is among a few good pieces he's come out with recently. On Diego Milito and rebuilding/revolutionizing Racing Club, his home club in Argentina.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ertadores-south-america-feature-a8748451.html

diego-milito-1.jpg

Marco rolled out his standard 4-2-3-1 with DCL up top, and everyone else where you'd expect them. While we dominated possession, we had only a few half decent chances on goal. Richarlison's goal was more of a howler by their keeper, than a work of art. They did exactly what the scouting report told them to, and played for set pieces. All three Millwall goals, including the game winner in stoppage time and the second goal which was handed in, came from set pieces.

Its the same shit Marco has been rolling out all season. I've never seen a more tepid, and frankly spineless, soccer team. Everyone looks terrified to try anything, so we pass the ball backwards and sideways until somebody turns it over. I believe I saw after the match that we have conceded 15 set piece goals this season. The growing pains of "learning" zonal marking costs us nearly a dozen points in the early part of the season when our schedule was cake, and its something that Silva obviously does not know how to coach. He has zero Plan B, and rolls out the same shit sandwich each week, hoping that somehow the results will change. It feels exactly like Martinez's final season.

Thanks. I'm having a hard time right with deciding who the blame falls more too, Silva or the players. On one hand we clearly have enough talent to get more than the handful of shots on goal we had against Millwall, but on the other hand, it is clear that many of the players aren't good enough. I'm tired of hearing our board bitch and moan about wages, yet have we actually sold anyone in this window? Who would even take the shit players we bought (tosun, schneiderlin) on the wages we are paying them? Painfully obvious that won't win until we get a real top center forward and DCL won't cut it. I agree with you on many of our players being spineless, we have technically skilled guys, but when I first started watching Everton we had a much more hardworking, tenacious team than we have right now. Shit all around.

Spurs apparently considering a move for Youri Tielemans since all the Rabiot bullshit is going nowhere. Would be very helpful and potentially cheap. I'd say this would be an obvious move to make but, then again, we haven't signed anyone for a year so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol a penalty shootout from 13 (coming up on 14) years ago

What, BTB? Are you an Arsenal supporter now too? I do apologize, but it is hard to keep up with your moving allegiances. You plastic supporter.

Manchester United v Arsenal FA Cup results since that 2005 Final.

2008: Manchester United 4 - 0 Arsenal
2011: Manchester United 2 - 0 Arsenal
2015: Manchester United 1 - 2 Arsenal (the one you should have gone with, you numpty)
2016: Manchester United 3 - 2 Arsenal
2018: Manchester United 3 - 1 Arsenal

Do you want me to go back before 2005?
How about United vs Fulham? Or Liverpool? Or Newcastle?

Who do you support again? Or does it change week to week?

Definitely not an Arsenal fan. Just couldn't resist posting the clip. How ridiculously talented were those two teams?

Burnley going to win at Old Trafford for first time since 1960s

City down 2-1 with 10+ mins left vs Newcastle

Rafa Benitez with a huge gift to Liverpool.

Not sure how Lindegard can play? That constant inner infection must affect his balance. Barely touched and fell over for the pen...

their second goal was good though...

Just dumb from Hendrick. Why put your arm on him there?

Spurs apparently considering a move for Youri Tielemans since all the Rabiot bullshit is going nowhere. Would be very helpful and potentially cheap. I'd say this would be an obvious move to make but, then again, we haven't signed anyone for a year so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

someone bring me a wall to punch

Not sure how Lindegard can play? That constant inner infection must affect his balance. Barely touched and fell over for the pen...

their second goal was good though...
No mention of Rashford being fouled on the line of the box and the ref pointing to the spot and then changing his mind?

Back