• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Newcastle have supposedly agreed on terms for Miguel Almiron. I'll believe it when I see it.

And Matt Polster to Rangers. Seems like Europe is finding some players in the MLS more this past season and off season than ever before.

Leicester on loan

Oof. He would have been worth taking a chance on. Is Adrien Silva going the other way? I read Jardim likes him, so that may have played a part, since Monaco just brought back Jardim after canning Thierry Henry for generally being terrible and having the entire squad hate him (the being terrible part not entirely his fault as they were terrible this season before he got there under Jardim previously; the other part, though...).

Very curious to see where Rabiot ends up now. I guess with Barcelona getting De Jong they will be less interested.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Juninho Pernambucano! The GOAT of freekicks (between him and Sinisa Mihajlovic for me - although it will probably be Messi by the end of time). I just like how some of Juninho's kind of float in, they don't even seem to be that viciously struck, yet the keepers are often without a clue.

Klopp kind of teased that they may play with a back three today, in which case we might see Rafa Camacho at right wing back (I'd guess with Fabinho one of the back 3 in that case?), or stick with the four and have it be between Camacho and Fabinho. Can't wait to see Fabinho, fresh off a hamstring strain, run himself to death at right back. But I'd be down with a Fab, Van Dijk, Lovren/Matip; Camacho, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Robertson; Regular front three, I guess. But I think he'll go with Fabinho at right back and the 4-2-3-1 with Shaqiri back in.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../fabinho-ready-ease-liverpools-right-15754495

Klopp kind of teased that they may play with a back three today, in which case we might see Rafa Camacho at right wing back (I'd guess with Fabinho one of the back 3 in that case?), or stick with the four and have it be between Camacho and Fabinho. Can't wait to see Fabinho, fresh off a hamstring strain, run himself to death at right back. But I'd be down with a Fab, Van Dijk, Lovren/Matip; Camacho, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Robertson; Regular front three, I guess. But I think he'll go with Fabinho at right back and the 4-2-3-1 with Shaqiri back in.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../fabinho-ready-ease-liverpools-right-15754495

I'm not sure Klopp wants Vardy finding the spaces an uncomfortable back three leaves. I'll guess:

Alisson
Fabinho Lovren VVD Robbo
Hendo Gini Keita
Mane Salah Bobby

I'm not sure Klopp wants Vardy finding the spaces an uncomfortable back three leaves. I'll guess:

Alisson
Fabinho Lovren VVD Robbo
Hendo Gini Keita
Mane Salah Bobby

Alisson, Van Dijk, Matip, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Shaqiri, Salah, Mane, Firmino

No idea what they’re going to do at right back/wing back with this. Henderson maybe? Will be interesting.

Alisson, Van Dijk, Matip, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Shaqiri, Salah, Mane, Firmino

No idea what they’re going to do at right back/wing back with this. Henderson maybe? Will be interesting.

Sounds like Hendo just subbing in for Milner as emergency right back. I guess they want to give Fabinho's hammy a little more rest.

Thoughts on the Maguire foul on Mane? But yeah, Liverpool a little loose. Need to tighten that shit up.

ohhhhh i had to step away for 90 seconds and just now saw the Maguire booking. that's a red card right?? Mane was free on goal.

Back