• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Hats off to City. What a way to essentially lock things up.

If today's game and the Pool's game against Newcastle showed us anything it is that nothing is locked up. It took a once in a lifetime goal from Kompany to get City a win today. It took a sub for Liverpool's injured star to come on and save the day and keep the race open.

If today's game and the Pool's game against Newcastle showed us anything it is that nothing is locked up. It took a once in a lifetime goal from Kompany to get City a win today. It took a sub for Liverpool's injured star to come on and save the day and keep the race open.

It's pretty much locked up. I do feel Pool scores first on Sunday, then lets a goal, so the top spot will swap around a bit in game. Ultimately though City have found ways to win and Sunday will be no different.

Outside of vs United, City have eeked out 1-0 wins since being bounced from Champions League. Easily could have drawn, any of those but managed the situation. Hell of a season and congrats City.

I mean....

If City go on to lock this up his status as a club legend just took another massive leap forward. Two of the biggest goals in club history - his game winner to bring City level on points with ManU the first year they won the title and now this. Legend.

Sounds like Origi might have earned himself a new contract. He and Brewster can fight it out for 5th choice. Not bad options to have. I still want one on-the-verge-of-elite attacking option, though.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...barcelona-contract-jurgen-klopp-a8905636.html

Give me a Pepe, a Fekir/Aouar-type, and De Ligt (if you can get him), for the summer, and Liverpool should be ready to rock again. Maybe an opportunistic Rabiot signing, too, but that might be too much. I for sure want another fast attacker who can stretch things and get in the box and finish (Pepe), and a tricky final 3rd player (Fekir/Aouar). I think other than that, some of those midfielders are coming off playing a ton of minutes, getting older, off a serious injury, or maybe injury prone, so Rabiot could make sense -- I also like that he's a bigger dude. If Tolisso was available and fit, I'd be all over him, too, but I doubt he leaves Bayern and is coming off a serious injury.

Anyway, it will be an interesting summer.

Rumors flying that my avatar is going to get sniped by Tottenham, as they tend to do with like half our transfer targets. Well back when they had money, that is. Sissoko is a recent example of this.

If that happens I will turn on him so, so quickly and pray that he catches Harry Kane's foot disease.

I don’t really see him as champions league quality but he’d definitely be an upgrade on some of their midfield and give them some depth they need. I’m over him since his dirty stomp.

Sounds like Origi might have earned himself a new contract. He and Brewster can fight it out for 5th choice. Not bad options to have. I still want one on-the-verge-of-elite attacking option, though.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...barcelona-contract-jurgen-klopp-a8905636.html

Give me a Pepe, a Fekir/Aouar-type, and De Ligt (if you can get him), for the summer, and Liverpool should be ready to rock again. Maybe an opportunistic Rabiot signing, too, but that might be too much. I for sure want another fast attacker who can stretch things and get in the box and finish (Pepe), and a tricky final 3rd player (Fekir/Aouar). I think other than that, some of those midfielders are coming off playing a ton of minutes, getting older, off a serious injury, or maybe injury prone, so Rabiot could make sense -- I also like that he's a bigger dude. If Tolisso was available and fit, I'd be all over him, too, but I doubt he leaves Bayern and is coming off a serious injury.

Anyway, it will be an interesting summer.

Would also take Ndombele for that Rabiot role, obviously. I don't know, man, not a lot one can do to improve this side. I am also probably pretty way off on all this stuff.

Last edited:
I don’t really see him as champions league quality but he’d definitely be an upgrade on some of their midfield and give them some depth they need. I’m over him since his dirty stomp.

Does not help his case that we've played well in the games he missed. He's a quality player, not really a playmaker. Just does a good job of moving the ball between the lines.

Speaking of stomps, glad to see Son get the same suspension as Gomes.

Still waiting on Fabinho's ban for his dive to set up the game winner last weekend. Oh wait that rule only applies to non Sky six clubs.

I may be making this up, but I don't think you can retrospective ban for diving unless it is for winning a penalty.

Back