• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

City has now won 4 EPL titles in the last 8 seasons. They are the first club to go back to back in a decade. To those who said they could never arrive as a top club, you've been proven decisively wrong.

Oil and slave trade money has never done more good!

Here, here to the beautiful sheiks and their harems! Well at least for this season.

It's been a stressful last few weeks, pretty sure I dreamed several times about PL games. Glad it's over and looking forward to June 1st and to next season. Great title race, hats off.

Have you seen the Juve shirts for next year? Woof

It's been a stressful last few weeks, pretty sure I dreamed several times about PL games. Glad it's over and looking forward to June 1st and to next season. Great title race, hats off.

Suspect next year will see more teams in the race longer. City has some core guys they need to start moving past. No club should be able to post 90+ points next year as has happened each of the past three seasons. Now that Spurs are in that shiny new thing they should do some real business on the transfer front. And if you're Liverpool you should move your chips all in. Chelsea and Arsenal are not that far off either. ManU is probably looking at a three transfer window rebuild.

Double-edged sword

Pickford’s blunder at Anfield kept them in the race, however the draw at Goodison was the last time they dropped points. So you’re welcome Universe.

Liverpool remains the only club to lead at Christmas and not win the title within the last decade.

And they've done it multiple times.

I just want to thank the United players for just bailing out on the season weeks ago so that I didn't feel the need to watch and instead spent my family's first mother's day with my wife and little girl. Cheers, guys! Thanks for making that decision for me.

Liverpool remains the only club to lead at Christmas and not win the title within the last decade.

And they've done it multiple times.

Of all the pointless, incoherent bullshit you post around here this might be tops.

High comedy coming from a guy whose club is 1) recently appointed a glorified club mascot as manager due to the strength of a run against Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, and Newcastle, 2) has no discernible transfer strategy or leaders who appear capable to putting together a cohesive strategy, and 3) appear to be a good 24-36 months away at best from contenting for the EPL or meaningful European hardware. Other than that you’ve got the rest of us right where you want us.

Of all the pointless, incoherent bullshit you post around here this might be tops.

High comedy coming from a guy whose club is 1) recently appointed a glorified club mascot as manager due to the strength of a run against Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, and Newcastle, 2) has no discernible transfer strategy or leaders who appear capable to putting together a cohesive strategy, and 3) appear to be a good 24-36 months away at best from contenting for the EPL or meaningful European hardware. Other than that you’ve got the rest of us right where you want us.

Everything he said is true and everything you said is true. I’m not sure how I would’ve felt about today if Liverpool lost the tie with Barcelona but as it is now I’m at peace with the league and looking forward to Madrid.

Just went to my last league match at the Queen Vic, my LFCDC bar for the last seven years. Moved up to DC in 2010 and watched at Kitty O’Sheas in Courthouse while I lived with my now wife and five of her friends. I moved to northeast DC and QV opened on H St not long after. The owner Ryan is married to a girl from Cardiff but their second favorite team was Liverpool and he made the smart business decision to be a Liverpool bar.

I watched Raul Meireles score a goal at Stamford Bridge to win 0-1 before the QV was officially open. I watched Liverpool beat Cardiff in the Carling Cup then slipped on the top of the stairs and bounced on my ass all the way down. I watched Liverpool go 3-0 up on Crystal Palace and then collectively shit the bed. I watched Daniel Sturridge put Liverpool ahead in a Europa League final before Coke put in the best 45 minute shift by a midfielder I’ve ever seen. I watched Mo Salah score goals I wasn’t even ready to celebrate because they came out of absolutely nothing. I watched Gareth Bale score a bicycle kick that I still can’t believe is real. I watched Divock Origi come on the pitch for seemingly the first time in years and score a goal that made me worry for the structural integrity of the porch. I watched Gini Wijnaldum cry after the best comeback I’ve ever seen in the sport and almost joined him.

I’m going to miss this bar and these people more than anything else in DC. There were 3-0 wins at 7:30 am where no one said a word due to hangovers and 12:30 nil nil draws where everyone was buzzing the entire match. I’m obviously not from Liverpool so to some degree I always feel a little bit like a poser loving the team as much as I do but when I gave everyone a hug as I left today I knew that there isn’t any other sport that brings people together the way footy does. Up the fucking reds, let’s win in Madrid.

United are in a lot of shit right now. I'm not arguing that, am I?

At least we won the league loads when we we're good.

If Spurs win the CL final then Liverpool's season has been a failure and klopp would be without a trophy again.

Everything he said is true and everything you said is true. I’m not sure how I would’ve felt about today if Liverpool lost the tie with Barcelona but as it is now I’m at peace with the league and looking forward to Madrid.

Just went to my last league match at the Queen Vic, my LFCDC bar for the last seven years. Moved up to DC in 2010 and watched at Kitty O’Sheas in Courthouse while I lived with my now wife and five of her friends. I moved to northeast DC and QV opened on H St not long after. The owner Ryan is married to a girl from Cardiff but their second favorite team was Liverpool and he made the smart business decision to be a Liverpool bar.

I watched Raul Meireles score a goal at Stamford Bridge to win 0-1 before the QV was officially open. I watched Liverpool beat Cardiff in the Carling Cup then slipped on the top of the stairs and bounced on my ass all the way down. I watched Liverpool go 3-0 up on Crystal Palace and then collectively shit the bed. I watched Daniel Sturridge put Liverpool ahead in a Europa League final before Coke put in the best 45 minute shift by a midfielder I’ve ever seen. I watched Mo Salah score goals I wasn’t even ready to celebrate because they came out of absolutely nothing. I watched Gareth Bale score a bicycle kick that I still can’t believe is real. I watched Divock Origi come on the pitch for seemingly the first time in years and score a goal that made me worry for the structural integrity of the porch. I watched Gini Wijnaldum cry after the best comeback I’ve ever seen in the sport and almost joined him.

I’m going to miss this bar and these people more than anything else in DC. There were 3-0 wins at 7:30 am where no one said a word due to hangovers and 12:30 nil nil draws where everyone was buzzing the entire match. I’m obviously not from Liverpool so to some degree I always feel a little bit like a poser loving the team as much as I do but when I gave everyone a hug as I left today I knew that there isn’t any other sport that brings people together the way footy does. Up the fucking reds, let’s win in Madrid.
Why is it your last match there?

Back