• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

fun. I don't think it's time for Valverde to go. he's won the league in 2 straight seasons. yes, there were a pair of CL chokes in there, but overall I've been ok with the direction of the team, minus some signings.

this is all biding time until Xavi takes over. it was just announced he's going to be the coach at Al Sadd the next 2 years before returning to Barcelona.

Spurs also being linked with Napoli's Diawara, potentially as a cheaper option than Ndombele, or a compliment to Eriksen if he stays. Pretty clear that Lo Celso and Ndombele are both primary targets, though, and that Eriksen is likely to leave.

Reports out of Paris are that a mid-table PL club are bidding 20 euro and a baguette on this aging Alsatian midfielder.
40b3596a6220d3aeec5eb9df191f9759.jpg

Valverde staying after all? Crazy stuff going on.

Also the guy trying to buy Newcastle might be a fraud.

Spurs also being linked with Napoli's Diawara, potentially as a cheaper option than Ndombele, or a compliment to Eriksen if he stays. Pretty clear that Lo Celso and Ndombele are both primary targets, though, and that Eriksen is likely to leave.

I like Diawara. Still young, not sure Ancelotti was a big fan. I feel like Pochettino could get him to the next level.

I’d take all three of those dudes.

Reports out of Paris are that a mid-table PL club are bidding 20 euro and a baguette on this aging Alsatian midfielder.
40b3596a6220d3aeec5eb9df191f9759.jpg

It fun to see this. Like, at first you might think: ha, funny gangly old man. Then you see the concentration, and a top 10 all time midfielder grabbing at him, albeit smiling, but like, Zidane doesn’t necessarily strike me as a guy who’d really take it all that well even in an old timers game. And then I think of that one time Jose stepped to Wenger and, I like Jose, but Wenger would have wasted that little idiot.

Like, I once cut up Vidovich with a nasty Cruyff turn in a pick up and was talking it up with friends later and they were like “chill out, every body cuts up Jay,” and here Wenger is passing Zidane making him clutch air, and you know those ‘bows have left marks. Levels. Not sure where I’m going with that but still.

OMG please let this be true. Ed Woodward, master negotiator.

Manchester United officials contacted Ajax and told them they would pay anything for Matthijs de Ligt, no matter what the price is. (source: tv3) #MUFC

How much do you want for de Ligt? Price is no object!

Uhhh, 100 million?

What about 200 million, would that be enough?

OK...? 300 million and we will sell

Here's 500. (*under breath* suckers...)

My dad was waxing poetic about VdV after Liverpool's QF win

I told him that VdV wasn't even the best Dutch defender left in the CL this season.

If United do sign de Ligt then it would be Rio Ferdinand huge. He has that much class about him. With some Stam sprinkled in.

I know he will serve Barca well.

My dad was waxing poetic about VdV after Liverpool's QF win

I told him that VdV wasn't even the best Dutch defender left in the CL this season.

If United do sign de Ligt then it would be Rio Ferdinand huge. He has that much class about him. With some Stam sprinkled in.

I know he will serve Barca well.

hahahaha

I'm getting Bruno Fernandes as Fekir-analog vibes today after he was quoted the other day as saying he liked how Liverpool played more than City. I know both Manchester clubs have been reported as having interest, though, and I'm a little wary of buying from Portugal, but he'd be good as another attacking midfielder, and could probably do the Firmino job as a stand-in if necessary.

That is a lot of money for Lo Celso, but if he's your guy, go for it, I say. That would be a monster quick turnaround profit for Betis.

I'm getting Bruno Fernandes as Fekir-analog vibes today after he was quoted the other day as saying he liked how Liverpool played more than City. I know both Manchester clubs have been reported as having interest, though, and I'm a little wary of buying from Portugal, but he'd be good as another attacking midfielder, and could probably do the Firmino job as a stand-in if necessary.

That is a lot of money for Lo Celso, but if he's your guy, go for it, I say. That would be a monster quick turnaround profit for Betis.

I'm not that expert who spends a ton of time watching other leagues but everything I've heard indicates he's an absolute beast and worth the money.

And anyway, it's not outta my pocket so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I've heard pretty much the same, even though I've only seen him once or twice (and maybe a couple of times for Argentina?) and the stats guys love him, too. I'm big on getting the guy you want, even if it seems like a lot for a transfer fee. I'm sure his wages will be reasonable.

Back