• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I liked the Nike ad.

Apparently some garbage journo has started a rumor that Rabiot is coming to Everton on a free.

1. No way this ever happens
2. He seems like a Pogba level douchebag so even if the 0.00001 likehood of this comes true, I'm not sure I'd want him
3. He did say he Spurs was not good enough for him, so us signing him would be kind of hilarious.
4. No way this ever happens

If you have a choice of #10s with Bruno Fernandes, Kai Havertz, Donny van de Beek, and James Maddison, who you going after? I'll throw Houssem Aouar in there, too.

Transfermarkt says:

Havertz 65m euros
Auoar 45m euros
Fernandes 35m euros
Maddison 30m euros
van de Beek 25m euros

If you could actually get van de Beek for 25m, you do that all day. That'd be my top choice. I think I'd rank Fernandes last because even with his gaudy numbers, he's a little pricier, 24 (oldest of the bunch), in a weaker league. Auoar is pricey too, but probably worth it. Havertz is going to be increeedible in a year or two, he's already pretty amazing.

Maddison may not be at the level of the others, but you know he can cut it at this level, and he's a very smart and technical player with such a pure strike of the ball. Is Leicester interested in selling?

I don't think Leicester is interested in selling, he just popped up on my twitter today as being of interest around the league (United, Spurs, and Liverpool mentioned). I imagine the right price makes them think about it.

Last edited:
Some other interesting players around that range:

Max Eggestiein, 22, Bremen
Florian Neuhaus, 22, M'gladbach
Pablo Fornals, 23, Villareal

Oh sweet. United are going to sign griezmann.

Spurs have reportedly bid €60m for Tanguy but Lyon holding out for closer to €80m and have set a deadline of June 30. Don't fuck this up, Levy. Just make a deal and bring the dude before richer clubs figure out what's happening.

Also uhhhhhhhhhh...

Think I’d go

Havertz
Aouar
Bruno
Donny
Maddison

for not very strong reasons, and not thinking about price, though the top 2 stand out for me. I’d be cool with any of them.

Interesting stuff on Rabiot, I had forgotten the thing about his dad. None of this screams “avoid at all costs,” but i guess there are enough things to be wary. I really like him, too, though.

Think I’d go

Havertz
Aouar
Bruno
Donny
Maddison

for not very strong reasons, and not thinking about price, though the top 2 stand out for me. I’d be cool with any of them.
And on cue United get linked with Maddison

Sturridge and Bert Moreno officially gone. Sad. D Studge one of my all time favorites -- too many little injuries. Moreno seemed like a good dude who worked hard, he was just a space cadet. Thanks for the memories, dudes, except that one time you did the Sturridge dance together, that was kind of lame.

Losing the title in 2013/14 was tragic but without Sturridge we never get close.

Back