• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I've stayed out of arguing this with you, but most importantly here Van Dijk will be 28 next season and de Ligt will be 20.

I'm so impressed with de Ligt's composure, tackling, positioning, and ability to head the ball, especially for a player his age. Think it will depend on where he ends up to see if he's got a long world class career ahead, but all signs point to yes. It took Van Dijk a long time to get as good as de Ligt may be in the next couple years. I'd still take VvD for the next two seasons.

Fair enough.

But Holland's defense is going to be insane next summer and in 2022.

too bad they've got koeman driving that lamborghini

kinda like roberto driving the ferrari at belgium

I just don't get why people freak about about VdV.

Yeah, he's a very good defender, but we've seen so much better very recently.

I don't think anyone's freaking out about him except for you. Pretty sure you've brought him up more than most of the LFC folks around here. LOL.

It really comes down to the difference in Liverpool's defense since he's arrived. While I agree he's been very good adding much needed leadership and a calmness to the defense. Both of which have made Lovren and Matip look competent, however, I also believe he gets credited for tactical changes focused on the defense by Klopp as well as the addition of Fabinho and Alison. If he wins the Ballon D'Or, great for him, but I feel it's more of an acknowledgement of the back 6.

I don't think anyone's freaking out about him except for you. Pretty sure you've brought him up more than most of the LFC folks around here. LOL.

It really comes down to the difference in Liverpool's defense since he's arrived. While I agree he's been very good adding much needed leadership and a calmness to the defense. Both of which have made Lovren and Matip look competent, however, I also believe he gets credited for tactical changes focused on the defense by Klopp as well as the addition of Fabinho and Alison. If he wins the Ballon D'Or, great for him, but I feel it's more of an acknowledgement of the back 6.

Pretty sure I didn't name him Player of the Year. Your entire post is null and void before you even tried to make a point.

Also, sorry for freaking out. I'll try to control myself from here on, Mr Fury.

Can't wait for Naby Keita to push it, get like a Bo Jackson hip injury, and be ruined for the rest of time.

Can't wait for Naby Keita to push it, get like a Bo Jackson hip injury, and be ruined for the rest of time.

You knew we were heading for this when Klopp said he was upset he was going to miss the AFCON and the Guinea FA was like "whoa whoa whoa.....he will absolutely NOT miss the AFCON", supposedly without viewing the medical records.

What could go wrong?

Also fun to see Shaqiri and Robertson get muscle injuries in the last week. These dudes need to chill and rest.

You knew we were heading for this when Klopp said he was upset he was going to miss the AFCON and the Guinea FA was like "whoa whoa whoa.....he will absolutely NOT miss the AFCON", supposedly without viewing the medical records.

work his ass to the literal bone

Klopp still hasn't managed to get the most out of this monster and i want no part of it should it happen.

The Guardian reporting that Spurs are indeed negotiating with Lyon over Ndombele. Nice to have confirmation of that.

10/13 - Panthers vs. Bucs in London
10/19 - Chelsea vs. Newcastle in London

:jerkit:

Let's all Lol at Chelsea. Ran out Sarri who only got them a CL spot and the Europa League trophy, can't buy players, and bringing in the corpse of Frank Lampard as a replacement. Couldn't happen to a better club.

Back