• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Giroud and Hazard are so good together. Amazing how much better Chelsea look with him leading the line.

:90 seconds and City are in front.

It's 10 years now since City was bought by the uber rich.

Remember what it was like in the EPL before they were bought? ManU won 7 out of 10 titles. Since then they've won 2 and none in the last five years. And in the last 5 years three teams have won. But clearly having more teams in the EPL who can pay up for players is ruining "football".
As long as we acknowledge that the clubs won the "lottery" by random rich dudes picking them, I'm good. Which you pseudo-did here, so fair play.

Sir Alex batted them back so no excuses.

Btw, Tottenham have lost two in a row. Looking forward to the articles and posts about how they are a club in crisis like happened after United did the same.
:couch:

Last edited:
Missed the second half for softball but just watched it now. A little better decision making in the box and Liverpool could’ve won by five.

Feels like we never got a good angle on the challenge on Son at the end. The announcers really brushed it off but live it looked like he got clipped on the down swing. They kept saying he slipped but I didn’t see that.

As long as we acknowledge that the clubs won the "lottery" by random rich dudes picking them, I'm good. Which you pseudo-did here, so fair play.

Sir Alex batted them back so no excuses.
i agree.. i was listening to some espn talk show host compare manu/man city to the yankees/mets.... only if you throw in the comparison that mets had a big spending owner like george steinbrenner.

Missed the second half for softball but just watched it now. A little better decision making in the box and Liverpool could’ve won by five.

Feels like we never got a good angle on the challenge on Son at the end. The announcers really brushed it off but live it looked like he got clipped on the down swing. They kept saying he slipped but I didn’t see that.

They showed it post-match. Should have been a pen.

It was a penalty. 100%

Btw, Tottenham have lost two in a row. Looking forward to the articles and posts about how they are a club in crisis like happened after United did the same.
:couch:
That was literally the lead article on the Guardian BEFORE the Liverpool game.

United fans have the strangest inferiority complex.

West Ham starting three defensively-minded/not creative midfielders: Noble - Obiang - Rice behind Yarmo and Felipe.

Also, breaking one of my personal rules and going to watch with a Scouser. Will have to behave myself

A player that we’ve been linked with for five seasons signs with WH and then scores two goals against us in his first start

Everton that

Back