• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Also, though it's not the league, IIRC Wolves have taken points off all Big 6 clubs this season.

Klopp obviously wasn’t prepared to risk anything that could threaten Liverpool’s chances at the bigger trophies. He’s also apparently not worried about the criticism that comes with not winning a trophy.

He is just proteching himself from possibly losing in another Final. Defense mechanism.

Millwall AWAY!

giphy.gif

You gonna pay your 6 pack debt for the Cowboys/Texans bet or what? You've stayed away from the NFL thread long past when they've both won 7 games.

Ah, shit. Completely forgot about it. I checked out on the NFL once the Panthers went belly up.

We're in the process of buying a house in Winston (moving back this summer, wife just started a new job today which will transfer to Winston once our lease/school year is up) so I'll be back a bunch. Do you still have the same number?

If Liverpool lose this game, this is probably Mignolet's last appearance of the season, unless Alisson is injured.

I enjoyed his write up on TAW's player ratings:

Aye Aye Big Si: 5

I mean, I don’t know. Spent years watching him not be at fault for goals but never making a one-on-one save. The opposite of what you want in a keeper in them situations. Makes himself smaller than you would imagine is possible. He’s like the opposite of Mary Poppins handbag. Shite. That’s probably harsh. I couldn’t give two fucks, William.

Got the footwork of a dead horse wearing Timberlands for that second. Glued to his line when Hoever was desperate for him to come and help him second half. Nothing but that dead-eye stare. The deadest of eyes.

Playing upfront for the last few minutes > the rest of his Liverpool career.

I truly hope, from the bottom of my heart, that we never, ever have to watch him play for Liverpool ever again. If we do, something has gone drastically wrong.

Yeah, Mignolet seems like a nice guy, I guess -- had a couple of good moments and penalty stops over the years, but absolutely no presence. I was most disappointed in him, Milner and Sturridge yesterday, and Shaqiri to a lesser extent. Naby was getting some heat, but he was fine, if a little timid/confused, which seems to be the story of his adjustment so far. I'll really start to worry if he doesn't blow up next year, but I'd still rather have seen Naby against City than Milner back after a few weeks hurt. Keita might not be ready/up for the intensity and the grind, which is a bit of a concern. Milner has struggled two in a row, and while he's the man, you never know at that age when it just goes. If Bielsa gets Leeds promoted, I could see Milner asking to ride it out there.

Oh yeah, he's one of the greatest dribblers ever. I loved prime Mousa. So silky.

Sounds like Lovren's injury isn't too bad, but that it will probably be Van Dijk and Fabinho against Brighton. I'm guessing that will mean Henderson and Wijnaldum as a two with the usual attacking four. If he goes with Milner, Henderson, and Wijnaldum with the usual three up top, I will be quite grumpy, but not too grumpy because Klopp is the genius and I'm just an online dumbass.

They are hoping Matip is back available for Crystal Palace (and maybe Lovren), but Gomez won't be ready until the beginning of February. No plans in the transfer marker, no rumors, nothing. Don't these guys know what soccer is all about?

Liverpool have won just 8 of the 26 matches played in January under Klopp. Weird. A lot of domestic cup matches, but still.

Yeah, Saw Klopp's comment on having a 5th CB and what do we till him, you play for 2 weeks. Thing is, All 3 (Lovren, Matip and Gomez) have histories of injuries. Hell even Van Dyke has been injured in the last two years. Point is, You hope all 4 will be healthy but with Lovren, Matip and Gomez, you should assume at least 1 will be injured at all times. I like Matip but don't sneeze near him...

With a very real shot at the title, why take a chance. Heck bring someone in on loan at a minimum...

Gomez' injuries have been a little different than Lovren's and Matip's, and he's young, but I don't like the trend with him, either. This latest Matip one was a freak thing, though. Thanks Koulibaly. (Maybe they should sign Koulibaly).

I guess they just don't want to upset the balance of the squad, or think any target is on a team that won't let him go easily/competing for their own leagues, or think the adjustment would take too long. I guess I'll just try to chill.

There are something like only 5 matches in the six weeks before Bayern (Brighton, Palace, Leicester, West Ham, and Bournemouth), so they should be able to manage. Still.

Last edited:
Back