• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

"illness" will keep Pogba out a little while longer

ok den

I just hope we get a great price for him in January. Pogba shouldn't go for less than 150 mil, especially in a winter window.

I haven’t seen anything promising from van den Berg. I know he is 17 but the way he was hyped up pre-transfer (plus the way he supposedly looked in the Dutch league) had me expecting more than “comfortably the worst player on the field every time I’ve watched him play for Liverpool”. Elliott, however, was awesome and I really don’t think he would look out of place if he started a PL match for Liverpool. Hoever is exciting but otherwise I didn’t see any future contributors.

Big Sepp has also apparently not been great in the u-23s, either. I’m hoping it’s just growing pains and he will eventually be Rik Smits mixed with Ronald Koeman. But he could just be a pasty soft ginger flake.

I do agree that Hoever and Elliott are the ones to watch from that group. Didn’t see today though.

Big Sepp has also apparently not been great in the u-23s, either. I’m hoping it’s just growing pains and he will eventually be Rik Smits mixed with Ronald Koeman. But he could just be a pasty soft ginger flake.

I do agree that Hoever and Elliott are the ones to watch from that group. Didn’t see today though.

I don’t even see glimpses of a good player. Whenever he is on the ball or defending it seems like his inner monologue is “shit shit shit shit shit shit shit”.

Some SCORCHING hot takes here

McTominay has been getting abused in the air by DCL and now Holgate. DV7 tell your boy to grow a sack.

Also Scott McTominay is a shit footballer sometimes. What a turd he had today.

Wan Bissaka on the other hand is a fucking gem. One of the better on ball defenders I’ve seen.

McBibbity was particularly bad today for sure. And Martial was virtually nonexistent, though the midfield being unable to get the ball to him didn’t help.

McTominay was whoscored's MOTM. Now, I personally don't think he was man of the match, AWB for me, but to act like he was a liability vs Everton is just crazy talk.
6 aerial challenges won -- 3rd most of any player in the match. ANOTHER *GREAT* CALL, BRASKY!

After seeing a 57 year old Leighton Baines mark him out of the match last weekend I think we’re good.

5 shots (2 on target), 3 key passes, 1 assist for James on Sunday
Baines had 1 interception and 0 tackles attempted after being subbed on in the 25th min.

Another great call by Brasky. He keeps outdoing himself!

Outside of an early shot that Pickford saved I honestly don’t remember James doing fuck all on Sunday. His assist did little to create Greenwood’s goal. So little I didn’t he know it was him who passed it. A very anonymous performance against a LB well beyond his prime.

And McTominay being MOTM is fucking hilarious. He did absolutely nothing of note, and was bullied all match. Just proves how worthless WhoScored is. I’m guessing he was BOSS at playing unchallenged sideways and back passes.

Outside of an early shot that Pickford saved I honestly don’t remember James doing fuck all on Sunday. His assist did little to create Greenwood’s goal. So little I didn’t he know it was him who passed it. A very anonymous performance against a LB well beyond his prime.

And McTominay being MOTM is fucking hilarious. He did absolutely nothing of note, and was bullied all match. Just proves how worthless WhoScored is. I’m guessing he was BOSS at playing unchallenged sideways and back passes.

Nope. You apparently weren't too aware about what you were watching.

McTominay's passing numbers vs Everton:
55 passes completed
40 of which were forward (73%)
6 were long
4 were key passes
16 were received in the final 3rd (29%); 32 were received in the middle 3rd (58%)

13 of his passes were forward and received in the final 3rd (24%), two of which were key passes

McTominay was whoscored's MOTM. Now, I personally don't think he was man of the match, AWB for me, but to act like he was a liability vs Everton is just crazy talk.
6 aerial challenges won -- 3rd most of any player in the match. ANOTHER *GREAT* CALL, BRASKY!

Scotty being MOTM names is a fucking joke. I generally like Scotty, but he wasn't good on Sunday. And relying on aerial challenges won is a bit choosy. Scotty's often one of if not the tallest person on the field, so he should win aerial challenges. Messi, who is 4'11 or something, doesn't win a ton of aerial challenges, but he's still pretty good.

Calvert Lewin was the clear man of the match that game. Sky had better player ratings: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11887289/manchester-united-everton-player-ratings

Yeah these seem a lot more realistic. I assume WhoScored is big on possession/passes/etc, not play that actually impact the match.

And if y’all haven’t noticed the football world has finally come around to understanding what Big Bill Brasky has been preaching for years. Possession is gross and worthless, pace and counterattacking are divine. GET ON BOARD YOU HIPSTERS.

Nope. You apparently weren't too aware about what you were watching.

McTominay's passing numbers vs Everton:
55 passes completed
40 of which were forward (73%)
6 were long
4 were key passes
16 were received in the final 3rd (29%); 32 were received in the middle 3rd (58%)

13 of his passes were forward and received in the final 3rd (24%), two of which were key passes

Did you think he was good? He had one giveaway in particular that forced AWB into a really crucial tackle that I'm not sure another fullback in the prem makes.

Scotty being MOTM names is a fucking joke. I generally like Scotty, but he wasn't good on Sunday. And relying on aerial challenges won is a bit choosy. Scotty's often one of if not the tallest person on the field, so he should win aerial challenges. Messi, who is 4'11 or something, doesn't win a ton of aerial challenges, but he's still pretty good.

the aerial challenges line was just to prod Brasky and his ignorant opinions

Back