• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

dv, would love to hear your thoughts on the de gea/VVD call. To me it looks like a foul live until you realize Virgil went up for the ball and DDG went over him to put a hand on it then they made contact. If that’s a foul then they just need to change the rules to say you can’t ever touch the keeper.

dv, would love to hear your thoughts on the de gea/VVD call. To me it looks like a foul live until you realize Virgil went up for the ball and DDG went over him to put a hand on it then they made contact. If that’s a foul then they just need to change the rules to say you can’t ever touch the keeper.

Bruh that’s been called a foul on the attacking player since I was playing U6s. GK always get that call.

Ah actual mea culpa, thought dv7 was literally arguing humanity hadn’t developed the technology capable of making the calll.

Definite foul as VVD didn't jump vertically and instead jumped into de Gea, whom did jump vertically.

I lost my mind live and was even more pissed after seeing every replay. No idea how the ref missed it live.

Ah actual mea culpa, thought dv7 was literally arguing humanity hadn’t developed the technology capable of making the calll.

Cameras don't record fast enough to properly determine offside

1) players run faster than cameras do frames/second
2) people kick quicker than cameras can record frames/second

It's just a guessing game. So preposterous to ask technology not capable of a definitive answer to provide us one.

Hi, TownieDeac! It's me, Math!

Just kidding. It's just me, dv7, speaking up in defense of mathematics.

Do you like math? I DO! And I hope you do too! It's wicked fun.

A top class footballer athlete runs at top speed of about 25 kilometers per hour. That, simplifying it down, is about 7 meters per second.

An HDTV camera records action at 50 frames per second OR about one frame every zero point zero two seconds (0.02s).

A player running at 25 kmph runs 138.8mm per second.

Remember this isn't even considering the speed in which a person can strike a ball with their foot. (faster than running, I don't believe anybody would disagree)

So both 1 AND 2 are true. And you are wrong (yet again).

Shall I go on?

Not sure how you misunderstood me unless you had more ales than I did on Friday night.

But all good, man. I learned that the goal for any car manufacturer should be to develop an automobile that can go 119,000,001 miles per hour.

Not sure we’re quite there yet, but undoubtedly all the VAR calls will start going against LiVARpool the moment they’ve secured the title. All so their fan base (and the FA) can use the season long VAR stats as evidence for the purity of their title.

Come on man this is easy, straight out of the match fixing handbook. Why do you think all of sudden officials are now being allowed to use the pitch side monitor and make their own decisions instead of doing what the FA tells them from their Smokey room in London? Liverpool’s 16 or whatever point lead is the answer.

No doubt. The fix is IN!

Well you said “an HDTV camera” and not “the cameras the league are using for VAR”

There are of course modern video standards for HDTV at up to 300 fps, which, my maths tell me would do a great deal to address this margin of error your Daily Mail copy paste cries about. I also suspect this limb tracking technology could help.

I misunderstood you but I’m not sure it was because of the ale, though that definitely helps me want to argue

A camera would have to be about 6000 frames per second to be absolutely precise about when the ball was struck and where a player is in relation to the 2nd to last defender. So 20x modern day HDTV cameras and we are there!

But sawry for the confusion, okay?

There are cameras that shutter 10 trillion frames per second.

I think we should probably just acknowledge where we agree, which is that the technology isn't currently in place, and it may not be worth pursuing.

Henderson putting on a show to keep City off the board, once, twice, thrice!

Moise Kean gets his first goal for Everton today. A lovely ball in from Bernard and after his first touch was clumsy, a good finish for the kid. He also worked his ass off that half, glad to see it pay off.

Moise Kean gets his first goal for Everton today. A lovely ball in from Bernard and after his first touch was clumsy, a good finish for the kid. He also worked his ass off that half, glad to see it pay off.

He needs to score more often to practice that awful celebration.

2 goals scored in stoppage time against

what a treat it is being an everton supporter

The most Everton thing ever just happened

Holy shit. I’m now even mad. Just shocked.

Somehow shit away an excellent performance in two mins.

Guendouzi is the worst. Good for at least 3 yellow cards a game that never get called. He makes Xhaka look tactful.

Back