• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Talks starting that the rest of the season may be played behind closed doors due to coronavirus.

OMG. I might prefer that Liverpool win the league at Anfield but none of their mouth-breathing supporters are their in person to celebrate. That would be amazing and ease the sting of them ending their 30 year drought a little bit.

A bit cruel, but at least there is no doubt who won this season. If they end it early and LFC is denied celebrations that'll give them motivation to do it again next season.

A bit cruel, but at least there is no doubt who won this season. If they end it early and LFC is denied celebrations that'll give them motivation to do it again next season.

Deal. Let's end it now and give the red scousers that "motivation" to do it again!

And everyone stays safe and non-dead in the meantime! YAYYYY!

Yep, Bruno is a player who will make something happen no matter what league he's in. He'll also disappear and take terrible shots, but I like a couple players like that for balance, to come in and make magic. I think Liverpool is missing someone like that. It should be Shaqiri, but he can't stay fit due to his massive calves. Hasn't really mattered until recently they seem to be coming up against some packed areas with fewer ideas. Sometimes you just need a Coutinho to hit a 25 yarder, even if you have to carry him a bit in other parts.

If they suspend/cancel the season, I guess that's what they have to do. More important things. Definite bummer, but that's how the universe is vibing these days.

Yeah, I may just switch to books. The powers that be are going to ruin everything in the game in the next few years anyway, it's corrupt as fuck, and they're running the players into the grave with competition after competition, completely exhausting the talent, treating them like a product to be capitalized on and squeezed until dry. The main point now seems to be how best to launder the image of corrupt businessmen and human rights abusing autocracies, while bleeding dry people who just want to escape and be entertained. It's pretty depressing all around.

Liverpool need 2 wins to clinch, right? Will they have a chance to play 2 more games?

Liverpool need 2 wins to clinch, right? Will they have a chance to play 2 more games?

I thought England would go closed doors for 2-3 weeks before shutting it down but after the NBA called it starting after tonight I don’t think they’ll be another major sporting event until maybe the Olympics.

Ricardo Pereira did his ACL, James Maddison is hurt, and three players are under self-quarantine with covid-19 like symptoms. Leicester may want a postponement/abandonment at this point (provided the current standings are certified and the season isn't just written off).

Ricardo Pereira did his ACL, James Maddison is hurt, and three players are under self-quarantine with covid-19 like symptoms. Leicester may want a postponement/abandonment at this point (provided the current standings are certified and the season isn't just written off).

The season will be over within a week.

Yeah, I don't see how they can keep on, but the people in charge pray to different gods, so they still may be trying to come up with a way. Lunatics. Postpone the summer tournaments, take the temp then, and maybe try to finish in the summer? But all non-domestic stuff (Champs league/Europa/intl friendlies/Euros/Copa America) needs to be shut down until this breaks.

Or are you just talking about Liverpool clinching? That could happen too, though recent form...who knows. Think I saw that there is a rule that unless all 38 games are played, the season doesn't count, but I think they would be within their rights to change the rule in these circumstances. I'm kind of over it at this point, which is weird.

I'm talking about the league. I don't see any chance they play another round of games in England...nor should they.

I understand and agree with all of these leagues decisions. It's had a weird effect on me. Maybe it's just the stress of school and and finals week but I never realized how much I rely on these things for normalcy. I've had this weird depression at all these changes being made. Anyone else feel similarly? Feels like the "external world" is fading away. Strange how much we depend on being able to flip on the tv and lazily watch a soccer match or ACCT game like normal.

Mine's more anxiety than depression, but yes, anything hugely disruptive of routine can be bad for mental health.

It will definitively be an adjustment for me, so I feel ya. I rely a lot on soccer as an escape and different kind of brain exercise.

It will definitively be an adjustment for me, so I feel ya. I rely a lot on soccer as an escape and different kind of brain exercise.

I enjoy the premier league very much and will miss it. I think it will be a conspiracy this weekend, with Burnley beating Man city and liverpool winning, and then the season is shut down.

Its going to incredibly odd to not have really any sports for possibly the next few months.

Back