• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Also, and shouldn't even need to be said, but being shamed into doing the humane and decent thing shouldn't be praised or celebrated.

LFC showed their values and got called out for them, rightfully so. Its shameful.
Same for Newcastle and Spurs -- just awful.

And Burnley can fuck right off too.

What did burnley do? They are probably the most sensible run club in the PL, given their size and revenue. While they claim they may lose up to 50 million this year they are still paying wages for their entire staff.

Hopefully Spurs change their plans as well. Fans aren't happy. The supporters club has already met with leadership to express their displeasure. It's embarrassing.

Football clubs are at least exposed to external PR pressure (as we can see with Liverpool clearly). Plenty of large firms globally are taking advantage of government support to pay staff instead of using their cash reserves right now.

Privatizing profits and socializing losses is pretty much the core underpinning of late stage capitalism.

All billionaires suck, and these clubs were stupid/tone deaf/exploitative/hypocritical/greedy, but who gives a fuck, capitalism dictates that game. Pep's MOM died. People are dying.

How the fuck did they let 50k into Anfield for that Atletico match. That's the disgrace.

Last edited:
I'm not going to sit here and give zillionaire City a pass for human rights abuses because they rejected the furlough cash, you know?

Just watched the United-Wimbledon match that opened the 1996 season I believe. Man, Beckham had the IT factor. Wonderful game capped with a great goal. It's on NBCGold if anyone needs soccer back in their life.

Just watched the United-Wimbledon match that opened the 1996 season I believe. Man, Beckham had the IT factor. Wonderful game capped with a great goal. It's on NBCGold if anyone needs soccer back in their life.

Was that the halfway goal?

I watched Liverpool/Newcastle from '96 the other day. Damn damn damn. The old school Barnes/Rush combo leading to the Collymore winner, couple of great Fowler goals, McManaman being amazing like always because he was fucking amazing. One of the great Premier League matches.

I watched Liverpool/Newcastle from '96 the other day. Damn damn damn. The old school Barnes/Rush combo leading to the Collymore winner, couple of great Fowler goals, McManaman being amazing like always because he was fucking amazing. One of the great Premier League matches.

I LOATHED Robbie Fowler, but I 100% did his endline coke snorting goal celebration a few times against teams where I knew a guy on the other team was a coke head and then pointed at that player.

Probably a fucked up thing to do in hindsight, but I was a teenager or just in my early 20s when I did it and it was hilarious at the time.

damn. Dalglish has Covid-19. Asymptomatic right now though, according to his family.

Best wishes to him.

Yeah, if this shit gets Dalglish, but not Boris, I'm out. Full propaganda of the deed, maybe self-immolation.

The Fowler coke celebration is one of the greatest and should be celebrated/replicated whenever possible. He did much worse things, like when he bent over in front of Le Saux insinuating Le Saux was gay since he read newspapers and went to art museums and stuff.

Best PL goal celebrations ever, in terms of responding to criticism, rumors, etc

#1 - Robbie Fowler snorting goal line. This is the Maradona v. England of goal celebrations. The absolute greatest, can only be equaled and never topped. The fact he gets stood up by his teammate and then goes back down to snort the line again just seals it.

#2 - Jürgen Klinsmann swan dive with teammates after his first goal. He had faced ridiculous British "cheating foreigner" nonsense all summer since his signing. Scored a great goal and then the whole forward line swan dives with him, taunting the Daily Mail crowd.

#3 - Cantona after his ludicrous chip v. Sunderland. Just the perfect summation of what a brilliant narcissistic asshole he was. No remorse or humility from his suspension, just "look at me, I'm fucking amazing"

watch

Board is broken - Cantona celebration not showing up and I can't edit the post (just blank when I try).

SO here it is again:

watch

Jimmy Bullard "lecturing" his Hull teammates making fun of Phil Brown comes to mind

Rooney's "knockout" was great for self-deprecation

Back