• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

There have been like five done deals with Newcastle over the last few years, so I'll wait for the official announcement, but I haven't been paying super close attention. But good to have some more human rights abusers in the league!

Sir Alex Ferguson tops the list in FourFourTwo's 100 greatest managers issue.

Sir Matt Busby was 7th
Jose Mourinho was 12th
Louis van Gaal was 20th

David Moyes just missed out.

Don't know if there will ever be soccer again, but Liverpool will need to make a few changes before the next season, I think (unlike last one). Lovren, Clyne, and Lallana are out of contract, and I expect Shaqiri and maybe one or two others (Origi, most of the loanees) to be sold. I think they will bring Neco Williams in more often to spell Trent A-A, and Gomez or someone else can always play there in a pinch, so I'm looking at a centerback, left back, midfielder, and attacker. I think you'll see a little more of Harvey Elliott and Curtis Jones, but they're still pretty young. These dudes have all been linked, but who knows, you know. Could all be bullshit. Reasonably confident about Timo.

Centerback: Diego Carlos, Sevilla. May be a little pricey, but Monchi will sell, and I don't think Liverpool are afraid to go a little older here. He's a little short, but very fast, great leap, can play on the right or left, passes well both short and long range. Looks pretty aggressive, maybe a little rash. Alternatives: some young Frenchie or Ben White.

Left back: Bukayo Saka, Arsenal. Needs a new contract, can play up and down the left flank, but looked promising as an attacking left-back. Kind of think they will sort out the contract and he'll stay, but I'm dreaming here. Alternative: Jamal Lewis

Midfielder: Boubakary Soumare, Lille. Looks like he could eventually play as a 6 or slightly more advanced in a "3," or be fine in a double-pivot. Dribbler. Ndombele with more of a motor? (I still like Tanguy.) Alternative: Houssem Aouar, Denis Zakaria

Attack: Timo Werner, RB Leipzig. Been linked forever, obvious. Pace, could play across the line, great goal scoring record, and still young. Price supposed to be pretty reasonable for his level (around 50mil). Alternative: Marcus Thuram, Victor Osimhen, or Havertz, Sancho, and Mbappe, obv. (hahahahahhahhhhh...)

Last edited:
Watched a little of one of those pre-yoga bullshitting comps put out by Liverpool and happy to report that Alisson has taken this time to grow an ELITE beard. Wow. And I thought mine was getting pretty good.

Watched a little of one of those pre-yoga bullshitting comps put out by Liverpool and happy to report that Alisson has taken this time to grow an ELITE beard. Wow. And I thought mine was getting pretty good.

and karius quit bc besiktas wasn't paying him so he's back at liverpool now

i know alisson is amazing but i felt really bad for the way karius's time went and kinda wish he'd get a better chance

I mean, it's a bummer how it ended, but I don't think he was really good enough, dedicated enough, or mentally strong enough. I do think he was probably affected by getting decked by Sergio Ramos in that final, though how they announced the concussion was weird. But you don't come back from the Benzema and the Bale goals. And the entire time at Besiktas there's been something going on. Some drama every few months. I'm sure it's not all him, but it starts to stick out.

Very dedicated on editing Instagram videos to show how dedicated he was. He is a fine looking man, no doubt.

Hope he lands somewhere that is suited to him.

dv7, you're slipping:

one of our teens had a big party but he was just being a dumb teen

The Red Shite who think that COVID is just a plot to deny their side their first PL title will 100% support this

And yes those people exist

Karius doesn't have t-rex arms, at least, so maybe Everton would be in the market for an upgrade?

Back