• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Reports that VVD is going to reject overtures from PSG (Thiago Silva is leaving and is old) to sign an extension with Liverpool, making him their highest ever paid player at 220k a week. Should wrap up his top-level playing time and keep him Merseyside until 35/36 or so. Do Alisson/Wijnaldum next, then roll on. It's a good group that should have more in the tank, and doesn't need to be refreshed just quite yet, I guess. I just love transfers, though.

Last edited:
man those kinda wages and getting to live in paris though

Shit, PSG probably would have doubled that. Yeah, beats me. Maybe there are some incentives in this rumored deal and he just likes his situation. He can pop over to Paris any time. But yeah.

Naby switched to Adidas, and I was digging the black-outs. I will miss this kit. I'm sure the new Nikes will look good worn, I haven't been thrilled with the pics I've seen, but I dug these pin stripes.

EaUuzwzXsAENOTm

I kind of dig it, too! Reminds me of Liverpool's greys last season. I'm cool with a retro thing, even 90s graphic-y things, as long as it's done well. Looks sharp to me, I like the red badge.

Not quite the same player, but my favorite adama comparison is Michail Antonio. Similar strength, pace, and same hamstring problems from being way too athletic

I think that comp makes some sense. Antonio is also a player that has given Liverpool a bunch of issues. When he is on, he is very very tough to deal with. Adama is Antonio a few years younger, with a higher ceiling, if Antonio had come out of Barca's academy rather than the Tooting & Mitcham United academy.

Hey, if they can bring something different to the table, I'm all for it.

Now some dubiously sourced rumors (I saw the S*n mentioned, so don't want to go down that rabbit hole and give clicks -- if that's the main source, it's almost certainly bullshit) that Liverpool may be planning a DOUBLE SWOOP for Adama and Ruben Neves. And I'd be all for that shit.

Neves was/is close with Pep Lijnders from the Porto days.

Now some dubiously sourced rumors (I saw the S*n mentioned, so don't want to go down that rabbit hole and give clicks -- if that's the main source, it's almost certainly bullshit) that Liverpool may be planning a DOUBLE SWOOP for Adama and Ruben Neves. And I'd be all for that shit.

Neves was/is close with Pep Lijnders from the Porto days.

The Philly C rumors seem all the more credible each passing day.

I hadn't been digging too deep into it, because it seemed more like his agent begging/floating it to me, but who knows. I'd definitely take him back. Maybe more shit has come to light. I've definitely seen some people referencing it more and more.

I hadn't been digging too deep into it, because it seemed more like his agent begging/floating it to me, but who knows. I'd definitely take him back. Maybe more shit has come to light. I've definitely seen some people referencing it more and more.
A similar scenario with Ian Rush worked out well, if Coutinho would take a pay cut, it could work.

Yeah, he'd probably have to deal with a little less than Barca were throwing out. I just saw a list of their salaries -- he wasn't on it, but it was out of control if anything close to legit.

I saw another good point that part of his payback would also be whatever ridiculous number he'd end up with. Like, Coutinho wearing 32 or something would be sufficient censure.

I feel like Klopp has said in the past he doesn't prefer working with players in situations like that, but I think given the circumstances and if the wage was ok, to be able to bring someone in that you know, is familiar with the culture, and can produce (I mean, Coutinho was probably like a top 5-10 player in the league when he left), he would be cool with it.

La Liga's virtual crowd (?) graphics are kind of weird. I guess that's what that is?

I guess Hudson-Odoi has been cleared. Statement from him.

Back