• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Every once in a while I remember that Lorenzo Insigne, Marco Verratti, and Ciro Immobile were all on the same Pescara team in Serie B coached by Zdenek Zemen, and that is some shit I would have liked to have seen.

Every once in a while I remember that Lorenzo Insigne, Marco Verratti, and Ciro Immobile were all on the same Pescara team in Serie B coached by Zdenek Zemen, and that is some shit I would have liked to have seen.

bruuuuhhhh WUUUTTTTT

that would have been fire to watch in person

three injuries, a red, and a couple of goals shipped

arsenal back for sure

We are very nearly out of CBs, again. I say we just play Bellerin, Maitland-Niles, Saka, and Tierney on Saturday and just go with some speed and give up height.

The NBC app on my phone has always been trash when casting (as opposed to streaming/casting through Gold, which has been fine). My internet went out last month, and when they came the technician was all "wow, I haven't seen such a messed up cable before, you were losing information all over the place." Thought that might have explained part of the issue, other things have streamed/casted much more consistently since, but no, it's crapped out like four times already this afternoon. Trash app. Glad it exists and everything, I suppose.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Constantly during games I have to re-click on the broadcast to get it going again, it'll randomly cut out constantly and just throw up a NBC Sports graphic in the middle of play

Yep, that sounds about right. It's super annoying.

Werner to Chelsea is official, rumblings that they're after Chilwell and maybe Havertz, continue. That would certainly be a statement.

A lot of recent vibes about Thiago Silva joining Everton to finish his career with his favorite manager.

He's 35 but I'd take him in a heartbeat. I think he would be a great CB partner/mentor for Holgate and would instantly elevate the stature of the club. I'm not really sold on Mina, plus he's injured all the time, and hopefully Michael Keane gets sold this summer.

Chelsea gonna be filthy next season. Can Puli even make their starting XI if they sign Ziyech and Havertz?

Chelsea gonna be filthy next season. Can Puli even make their starting XI if they sign Ziyech and Havertz?

If Chelsea sign Havertz on top of Ziyech and Werner, that will be trouble for Christian. He's not Frank's guy (was bought before Lampard took over) and he isn't English.

4 attacking positions (4-2-3-1): Werner, Havertz, Ziyech, Abraham, Mount, Hudson-Odoi (cleared of rape charge), Loftus-Cheek and Pulisic.

There's also no way Chelsea will recoup anywhere near for what they paid for him right now, so I worried he's going to get stuck in season long loan hell.

If Chelsea sign Havertz on top of Ziyech and Werner, that will be trouble for Christian. He's not Frank's guy (was bought before Lampard took over) and he isn't English.

4 attacking positions (4-2-3-1): Werner, Havertz, Ziyech, Abraham, Mount, Hudson-Odoi (cleared of rape charge), Loftus-Cheek and Pulisic.

There's also no way Chelsea will recoup anywhere near for what they paid for him right now, so I worried he's going to get stuck in season long loan hell.

He has been disrespected from the moment he has joined there. He has played well every time I've watched. I'd be thinking about getting out if I was him

If Lampard doesn't get immediate return on Abramovich's investments, he will be in hot water. And he won't get immediate improvement, especially with an abbreviated off-season.

He has been disrespected from the moment he has joined there. He has played well every time I've watched. I'd be thinking about getting out if I was him

Loan-to-buy to the Toffs!

Sadly even I couldn't justify paying more than 40M for him. Chelsea spent 70.

That's why I don't think he will have any permanent suitors anytime soon.

shoulda stayed in Germany

A move to England was fine, and he’s financially set for life now, but Chelsea is a factory club. They buy like 5-10 new young players every year and constantly buy over young talent without giving them much of a shot. Chelsea and Spurs are the two English clubs young foreign talent should avoid, because if you don’t break out in six months your career there is over.

Examples of said failures at Spurs? They’ve been pretty tight with the purse strings.

He's thinking of Yedlin, I'd guess. The fact that he's leveled out at Newcastle seems to indicate that it wasn't a Spurs problem, IMO. Otherwise, I can't think of any unusual circumstances at Spurs. We take a flyer on some young players, same as everyone else. If they don't pan out, they get moved. They're not usually studs, though. The big question in North London right now is what will become of Ndombele. Seems like he's had a bit of a slow time adjusting, which is fine, but Mou may not rate him. Would disappoint a lot of fans if he's let go.

Back