• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

ANGEL GOMESSSSS!!!

THATS MY MAN RIGHT THERE

Last edited:
My dawgs Venezia finally getting their kit right after a few terrible ones. I blame the noisy, garish American owner, but these are dope. Might buy, but probably not. Cartoon-y lion on the badge still not my favorite.

venezia-19-20-home-kit-2.jpg

EAUKghtW4AA6hQm

I had a Venezia kit back in the day. My parents would always bring a local team/NT shirt from wherever they traveled.

Played 4. Won 4. Scored 9. Conceded 1.

I AM SO PUMPED ABOUT THIS PRESEASON TROPHY

My dawgs Venezia finally getting their kit right after a few terrible ones. I blame the noisy, garish American owner, but these are dope. Might buy, but probably not. Cartoon-y lion on the badge still not my favorite.

The white one is clearly better than the black one.

I said this out loud and I'm pretty sure there are no problems.

I've got the 98/99, which isn't the best, but it's when I was over there. Memories of the real Pippo-gol -- Pippo Maniero, Alvaro Recoba, and Massimo Taibi.

DX6lvZvWAAEOEdT.jpg

DXmZU51X0AMODyo.jpg

The Kronos one after this one was pretty cool, if I recall. I also have an old school one a Venetian buddy gave me that is pretty cool. I'll have to find the year.

Emmezeta is the company of the former owner Maurizio Zamparini, who ended up buying Palermo a couple of years later and then just pretty much moving the entire team, manager included, from Venice to Palermo. He is fucking crazy. Soccer in Venice has had a rocky past.

Might have been the single greatest stretch of goalkeeping performances over a few months that I have ever seen. Ferguson must have agreed!

van der Gouw
Taibi
Bosnich
Barthez
Carroll
Howard

Quite a stretch of keepers between the Great Dane and Edwin Skinny Legs (my wife's nickname for VDS). If Fergie had a weakness, I was spotting a proper goalkeeper and sticking with him.

Man, I was a big van der Gouw fan back in the day, too. ESPN2 had Dutch league mid-90s and he had a sweet ponytail with Vitesse.

Just going to remind myself that these four dudes aren't back with Liverpool yet. Mane to Keita to Firmino to Salah (off the Milner throw). My favorite from last season.

This... probably isn't a good sign.

I might be the only United supporter that rates Bailly above Lindelof, so I really hate that he's injured.
b6bae6a584607d899527ca7c7e82e446.jpg

Man, I was a big van der Gouw fan back in the day, too. ESPN2 had Dutch league mid-90s and he had a sweet ponytail with Vitesse.

and Fox Sports World had random A-league matches in the middle of the night

and we cannot forget the greatest soap opera about a fictional football club of ALL TIME, The Dream Team. RIP, Fletch.

stop being wrong

he's quite good

He is aggressively mediocre. Only above average at passing, pressures, and buildup. Otherwise thoroughly below average. Without stats, I'd say his biggest weakness is positioning. Kid never knows where he is on the field.

Back