• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Would be sweet

Losing Angel Gomes stings tho

I'll be honest, I know he's only 19, but I haven't really been impressed with Angel when he's made his few senior squad appearances. He's clearly got some talent, but I really don't see him breaking into the team. Saw some likely shit rumors about interest in Chelsea, but I don't see him breaking into that side either. Wish him the best tho.

I'll be honest, I know he's only 19, but I haven't really been impressed with Angel when he's made his few senior squad appearances. He's clearly got some talent, but I really don't see him breaking into the team. Saw some likely shit rumors about interest in Chelsea, but I don't see him breaking into that side either. Wish him the best tho.
Word is Ole wasnt impressed that Gomes didn't show "assertiveness" on the pitch in his select appearances, which fair enough, but he's a teenager and small.

His technical skill will see him become a very, very good player.

Front 4 of Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Bruno should give any side trouble in theory. Matic and Pogba protecting today.

Brighton always a tough place to play at, however. Any 3 points, regardless of performance level, is ok by me.

BRUNOOOOOO! FROM POGBA

I just had an orgasm. brb gotta go change my shorts

Greenwood is better than Rashford was at the same age. Not the finished article, and may never get there, but his potential is staggering. The kid is special.

Rashford was the club's young player of the year when he turned 18, and scored 5 goals in 11 appearances for the senior club in 15-16 on a ridiculous conversion rate. Let's see if Greenwood does that next year in his year 18 season. Absurd returns as a youth are often signs of developing before your peers.

FWIW Greenwood is 4th in the U18 league in scoring with 13 goals and 4 assists. Everton have a kid Ellis Simms with 20 goals and 1 assist leading the u18s.

Young player development is so fascinating to me. The # of kids who pan out is so ridiculously low and the strongest correlation with success is playing time. You've got to have a system and management and front office willing to get kids into the right loan situations if first team minutes aren't available or get them time with the senior squad.

6 Premier League goals (13 goals all comps) for Mason Greenwood in his year 18 season for MUFC's first team. The most PL goals by a 18 year old (or younger) since 2003/04 - Rooney.

Ellis Simms has yet to make a first team appearance for Everton FC.

#dv7scoutingnetwork

3-0 Bruno again. (Greenwood assist)

what a counter! Great ball to release the break by Matic as well.

Last edited:
My initial reaction before going through the list was that Nigel Pearson would be the worst. Properly rated

Is DV7 bullish on OGS and his vision for United?
Hard not to be a little excited cinsidering... MUFC has gone 15 unbeaten since Burnley in Jan. (W11 D4 F37 A4) with 11 clean sheets.

Longest OGS has gone unbeaten. Starting to play really well too with sharp interplay to compliment the lightning counter attack capability.

I just hope the club back him in the window.

Hard not to be a little excited cinsidering... MUFC has gone 15 unbeaten since Burnley in Jan. (W11 D4 F37 A4) with 11 clean sheets.

Longest OGS has gone unbeaten. Starting to play really well too with sharp interplay to compliment the lightning counter attack capability.

I just hope the club back him in the window.

Makes sense. If they back him, what positions are the priority? Left back? Striker?

For the first time in at least five years I'm legit worried about ManU being a threat to do something in the league. And if Sancho comes in, sheeeeeeet.

Still think you need a LB, CB and more of a traditional #9 to alternate with Martial/Greenwood. Your MF and wings are pretty set though.

Back