• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

This is not insane to Arsenal supporters, we’ve been telling you this for the better part of two decades

Touches. Don't. Equal. To. Penalties.

This guy gets it.

that diligent, disciplined United defense in action!

CORRECTION to above numbers

It seems the Premier League site didn't start tracking those penalty numbers until the 2006-07 season. So those numbers are correct from that season until the one that just concluded.

haha 4 of those top 10 teams weren't even in the prem every year

DV7 and stats, name a more iconic duo

brasky and Townie, thoughts on Hojbjerg? I'm all in on Danes, but 25m seems like a lot.

we've got enough plodding midfielders, TYVM

Seems like he is on his way to Spurs, which is great. As Townie said, we don't need any more slow midfielders.

Really hoping Carlo brings in Allan from Napoli and another mobile MF (McKennie!!!) instead. The last thing we need is slow players, we have dozens of them.

Watching the last match of the season, it struck me just how many players we have who require multiple touches to turn the ball 180 degrees.

Obviously Gylfi is the slowest turner in the team (in a position where you'd really like a player capable of one or two-touch passes). Davies and Gomes are also extremely slow to turn. Walcott and Bernard are pacey players who seemingly cannot turn without taking multiple touches. Iwobi not a fast turner. Nor our fullbacks or CBs.

The players who can seem to be Richarlison, DCL, and Kean?

I don't need us to be City or Arsenal, fluid passing teams that can endlessly ping it with 1-2 touches at a time, but when we're trying to turn defense into attack it'd be nice to at least have options.

Hojberg is not that player. Only recent player we've had in that role at all is Barkley. Barry could pick out a pass, but was obviously so slow. Can we just recruit one player who can play a tough pass forward and turn with the ball away from a press?

I should say Tom Davies favorite move is a dummy where he turns 180 degrees and drags the back leg drawing a foul. So we do have one player with that skillset kind of.

Seems like he is on his way to Spurs, which is great. As Townie said, we don't need any more slow midfielders.

Really hoping Carlo brings in Allan from Napoli and another mobile MF (McKennie!!!) instead. The last thing we need is slow players, we have dozens of them.

I read this morning that Southampton are trying to sign McKennie. I'd love to have him at Everton, the kid's work rate is off the charts (plus Merican)

Gimme McKennie all day over Hojbjerg

3BEcGtk.png

McKennie only 21, no brainer.

is McKennie planning to move to EPL?

I would love McKennie but there isn't much noise coming out of the Everton camp about it. Schalke are officially in rebuild mode and have significant financial issues, so they are reportedly willing to sell him for 20-25M. Leicester, Wolves, Everton and Soton all linked, along with a myriad of other Euro clubs. I've seen Liverpool linked as well but I pray for his soul that he avoids those mutants. We don't want that douchebag energy on our NT.

My guess is he ends up in England, but not at Everton. Just hope he joins a club where he plays right away. Soton would be my preferred spot for him if not at Everton. He should thrive in Hasenhuttl's system.

Watching the last match of the season, it struck me just how many players we have who require multiple touches to turn the ball 180 degrees.

Obviously Gylfi is the slowest turner in the team (in a position where you'd really like a player capable of one or two-touch passes). Davies and Gomes are also extremely slow to turn. Walcott and Bernard are pacey players who seemingly cannot turn without taking multiple touches. Iwobi not a fast turner. Nor our fullbacks or CBs.

The players who can seem to be Richarlison, DCL, and Kean?

I don't need us to be City or Arsenal, fluid passing teams that can endlessly ping it with 1-2 touches at a time,
but when we're trying to turn defense into attack it'd be nice to at least have options.

Hojberg is not that player. Only recent player we've had in that role at all is Barkley. Barry could pick out a pass, but was obviously so slow. Can we just recruit one player who can play a tough pass forward and turn with the ball away from a press?

It makes me happy that you think Arsenal is still capable of that lol

Back