• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

3rd best medium passing %, 4th long passing %, 5th total pass completion %. They’re a good passing team in a great passing league.

Buuuuuut 16th in key passes, and their assists were well above their expected assists (forwards doing more with less). Xhaka is actually top 10 in the league in passes into the final third. Lots of others not pulling their weight.

3rd best medium passing %, 4th long passing %, 5th total pass completion %. They’re a good passing team in a great passing league.

Buuuuuut 16th in key passes, and their assists were well above their expected assists (forwards doing more with less). Xhaka is actually top 10 in the league in passes into the final third. Lots of others not pulling their weight.

Unless and until we can get three in the midfield again and have one of them be able to progress the ball into dangerous areas in the middle of the field, Arsenal will struggle to be able to control games.

No, I barely know anyone here, but I also just speak generally most of the time, didn't mean for that to be directed at you, just the tweet itself

I mean, my avatar should give my allegiance away pretty easily.

I mean, my avatar should give my allegiance away pretty easily.

I typed that from mobile, I didn't see avatars. Honestly not sure how I gave offense but for whatever offense I gave I apologize. Direct your anger towards dv7, that seems healthier.

I figure that Arteta is going to go back to the 3-4-3 formation for the FA Cup final, will be interesting if we see a repeat of the Maitland-Niles as man marker on Pulisic (assuming he starts) or if Bellerin will start in a more traditional back line. I also think that Tierney has to start as the LCB which means Saka might come in at LWB (I am in favor of this). The rest of the lineup pretty much names itself: Martinez in goal, Luiz/Holding at CB/RCB, Xhaka/Ceballos in midfield, front 3 of Auba/Laca/Pepe. Nothing to write home about but it's pretty much all Arsenal has to offer at this point.

Rhian Brewster scores another good goal for Swansea today. He is going to be the excuse why Liverpool doesn’t sign a forward but damn he looks like a hell of a prospect.

It makes me happy that you think Arsenal is still capable of that lol

Arsenal’s passing hasn’t been good in years. The midfield blows. Wengerball is long gone. This team can’t create shots for anything. The shots taken numbers has been trending downward for years, even dating to the early Wenger stagnation period.

Dude, fuck stats and the eye test. The manager wants to get there. Arsenal needs to...

Take him there. He wants to go there.
Take him there, let's go there.
Take him to that great place with wonders and wishes!

Meant playing style not results. Arteta wants to get there.

^^ This guy gets it. Wonders and wishes!

I typed that from mobile, I didn't see avatars. Honestly not sure how I gave offense but for whatever offense I gave I apologize. Direct your anger towards dv7, that seems healthier.

Careful

I'll Blackstreet lyrics you

Newcastle takeover officially dead. :(

This is definitely a good thing. Newcastle deserve an owner willing to invest in the club. Newcastle also deserve an owner that is not engaged in, or at the very least complicit in, the killing of countless innocent people.

This is definitely a good thing. Newcastle deserve an owner willing to invest in the club. Newcastle also deserve an owner that is not engaged in, or at the very least complicit in, the killing of countless innocent people.

Problem is that those owners do not really exist, you have to pick heavy investment or human rights, no real middle ground.

Give me Brentford, I love me some Craven Cottage but new blood in the Prem is always welcome. Was very sad when they blew their chance to get the automatic spot.

Yeah, mixed emotions as a Newcastle supporter. Getting rid of Ashley and the prospect of actual investment in the squad was an exciting possibility, but I was already re-examining my ability to continue to support the club based on the new ownership. Was really hoping a third bidder might emerge and swoop in once it became obvious that Ashley was willing to sell.

I know it's FA Cup, but I love seeing Pulisic putting the Blues ahead early.

Jaime Carragher was sprouting off to one of the tabloids the other day that he doesn't see Pulisic in any Chelsea XI next season...fuck that.

Back