• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Arsenal are easily the most inconsistent team in the league, but when they're on, their passing is up there with the elite teams (City and Pool). Chelsea and United have a very different passmap model, and Spurs and Wolves don't really try and possess as a major part of their strategy.

I love the “Our guys are just SOOOOOO tricky and get more penalties because of it” argument as it suggests that no Premier League team has ever had tricky players before and it totally excuses the statistical anomalies that are United penalty calls.

Arsenal are easily the most inconsistent team in the league, but when they're on, their passing is up there with the elite teams (City and Pool). Chelsea and United have a very different passmap model, and Spurs and Wolves don't really try and possess as a major part of their strategy.

Well we aren’t really capable of it right now because we have no midfield, especially creative types. Our defensive frailties necessitated a move to a back 3 and the position that was sacrificed was the between the lines player that could collect the ball and create chances. Now we are just really good at passing it along the 5-7 man arc of wingbacks, center backs and Xhaka/Ceballos and hope that Auba/Pepe creates a chance out of thin air.

. I've seen Liverpool linked as well but I pray for his soul that he avoids those mutants. We don't want that douchebag energy on our NT.

Liverpool are current holders of the premier league trophy, the champion's league trophy and the world club championship trophy (or whatever it's called). Would be awful to have that douchebag energy on our NT!

I love the “Our guys are just SOOOOOO tricky and get more penalties because of it” argument as it suggests that no Premier League team has ever had tricky players before and it totally excuses the statistical anomalies that are United penalty calls.

A lot of United's penalty decisions imo are attributable to the fact that its front 4 attack with a ton of pace.

Liverpool are current holders of the premier league trophy, the champion's league trophy and the world club championship trophy (or whatever it's called). Would be awful to have that douchebag energy on our NT!

The post alone proves my point.

I don't want our players to be hanging around a bunch of stabby incels

Last edited:
EeB4OQCXoAAVPEs

You do realize I'm an Arsenal fan as well, right?

No, I barely know anyone here, but I also just speak generally most of the time, didn't mean for that to be directed at you, just the tweet itself

A lot of United's penalty decisions imo are attributable to the fact that its front 4 attack with a ton of pace.

5 handball
3 bruno fouled
3 rashford fouled
1 pogba fouled
1 brandon williams fouled

It makes me happy that you think Arsenal is still capable of that lol

Also, no. This isn't 2013 when they had slick players that could play. This Arsenal side is filled with rather crap center midfielders.

They don't control matches like they used to at all and the stats prove that out.

Touches:

RankClubStat
1.Manchester City33,242
2.Liverpool30,987
3.Chelsea30,947
4.Leicester City27,659
5.Manchester United27,360
6.Tottenham Hotspur26,302
7.Arsenal25,916

Total passes:

RankClubStat
1.Manchester City26,329
2.Liverpool23,872
3.Chelsea23,244
4.Manchester United20,059
5.Leicester City19,915
6.Arsenal18,649

Goals from inside the box (indicating breaking down the opposition's defense successfully):

Really bad take there, Townie. It's just not true and hasn't been for like 4 or 5 seasons.

I read that Jadon Sancho won 10 penalties for Dortmund this past season. (don't know how true that # is, but sounds really high for one player...)

Either way, I can't wait to see how many he gets with the men in the dark, smoky room giving United so many penalty decisions! #21 is in the bag!

Also, no. This isn't 2013 when they had slick players that could play. This Arsenal side is filled with rather crap center midfielders.

They don't control matches like they used to at all and the stats prove that out.

Touches:

RankClubStat
1.Manchester City33,242
2.Liverpool30,987
3.Chelsea30,947
4.Leicester City27,659
7.Arsenal25,916

Total passes:

RankClubStat
1.Manchester City26,329
2.Liverpool23,872
3.Chelsea23,244
5.Leicester City19,915
6.Arsenal18,649

Goals from inside the box (indicating breaking down the opposition's defense successfully):

Really bad take there, Townie. It's just not true and hasn't been for like 4 or 5 seasons.

Meant playing style not results. Arteta wants to get there.

Arsenal’s passing hasn’t been good in years. The midfield blows. Wengerball is long gone. This team can’t create shots for anything. The shots taken numbers has been trending downward for years, even dating to the early Wenger stagnation period.

Touches:

RankClubStat
1.Manchester City33,242
2.Liverpool30,987
3.Chelsea30,947
4.Leicester City27,659
7.Arsenal25,916

Total passes:

RankClubStat
1.Manchester City26,329
2.Liverpool23,872
3.Chelsea23,244
5.Leicester City19,915
6.Arsenal18,649

Agree.

Back