• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Also would have been ok with a forfeit

Well yeah, but we all know that there’s no way in hell that the Sky Six sycophants who run English soccer would ever allow Everton to be the first team to get a COVID forfeit victory.

Hell they banned our player (Niasse) for two games for diving after creating a new rule a few years back and then just stop enforcing the rule so that Salah wouldn’t get miss any games.

Everton released a statement saying they weren’t consulted before the game was called off. And apparently City tried earlier in the day to get in PPD but were told they had enough healthy players to play. So something changed...

Love the balls my club has finally grown. The PL changes it rules all the time to benefit its cash cows, I’m glad to see us finally calling them out. No chance we get three points (and I’m sure they’ll reschedule the match for 48 hours before we travel to Anfield) but at least we’re raising some hell for once.

Apparently Gini will let the club know this week if he’s going to sign the new contract or leave. I get the most hope from all the “he wants to play at Barca for Koemen” as if there is any shot he is still the manager next season. We’ll see, fingers crossed.

That Alioski goal...wow. Not quite as exciting as their first, but it'll do.

Leeds with 4 shots and 4 goals. So much for West Brom's revitalization.

what is john moss watching that that's not a foul from matic on neto

What a difference two days makes. Big Sam’s group was a mess. Nice give and go goal by Harrison.

Anyway.... are we still supposed to want the sacking of the manager of the club 2nd in the table just 2 points behind the leaders?

Where is the #narrative on this one against Ole? Are we willing to accept he actually kind of knows what he is doing yet?

Asking for a friend.

Anyway.... are we still supposed to want the sacking of the manager of the club 2nd in the table just 2 points behind the leaders?

Where is the #narrative on this one against Ole? Are we willing to accept he actually kind of knows what he is doing yet?

Asking for a friend.

Yep, OGS absolutely deserves credit for United's form in the league which has been consistently good for a while now. There's continuity in how they're organized and how they perform, which is impressive because he's been regularly rotating his front 3, his midfield and his full backs. Bailly's recent reemergence to me is huge. His speed and athleticism is important cover for McGuire's lack of pace. As a pair, I thought they were really good against Wolves.

I still don't think OGS is the solution to United's quest to regain its place as regularly at the top of the league or in Europe but OGS fully deserves credit for United's current form.

December 31, 2019 Man United were 27 points behind the league leaders.

December 31, 2020 Man United will be 2 points behind the league leaders.

Keep doubting him. I'll keep watching with a sly smile on my face.

Back