• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Today only solidified my belief than Bailly is a must start CB. He was colossal back there today aside from that last minute block, which was just as good as a goal.

Yep, OGS absolutely deserves credit for United's form in the league which has been consistently good for a while now. There's continuity in how they're organized and how they perform, which is impressive because he's been regularly rotating his front 3, his midfield and his full backs. Bailly's recent reemergence to me is huge. His speed and athleticism is important cover for McGuire's lack of pace. As a pair, I thought they were really good against Wolves.

I still don't think OGS is the solution to United's quest to regain its place as regularly at the top of the league or in Europe but OGS fully deserves credit for United's current form.
4659e030bfb511c316b0b12439c6da90.jpg

I once again implore you to suggest something else that happened in January 2020 at the club

Oh, and Pogba was fucking everywhere on that pitch today. I'm fairly confident his boots touched every blade of grass.

Those are the type of performances that he should (and can) put in week in/week out. There's no other midfielder in the world that can match his combination of athleticism, dribbling and array of passes. When he puts in a shift like today he is basically unplayable.

21 is coming.

Watching "The Promised Land" from my DVR about Man United's Treble winning side in 98/99. That was my 3rd year of following the club and absolutely the year that my heart was forever given to MUFC without any reservations.

I still remember staying up late at night to watch "Fox Sports World" for all updates and replays of PL and CL matches from earlier that day/week. I still love/hate Max Bretos, but that's another story.

The semi-final replay vs Arsenal was actually played at 10 pm on the day of the match - a Sunday, I believe. I had no idea who had won... the internet was new and I didn't google it...
Giggs scored THAT GOAL and I went fucking mental. I couldn't believe what I just saw and everything was larger than life back then to 17 (nearly 18!) year old dv7, especially this relatively new found adoration of this club in which I started to learn about-- just a year prior reading about the Munich air disaster captured my attention.

I woke my parents up, sister was away at college, and my mom was madder than hell, but my dad (my former coach) hugged me and told me to keep it down the rest of the match. Which was fine considering the match was basically done and dusted at that point.

The moment:
DimWellwornDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

Fast forward a month, and I'm in Myrtle Beach for Senior Beach Week when on a Wednesday afternoon United are down 1-0 entering the 90th minute and literally everyone I'm watching with are rooting for Bayern -- most don't care about football, but just want to give me shit -- imagine that!

Sheringham equalizes.

Ole wins it.

May 26, 1999. I will forever remember the house where I watched that match.

Football. Bloody hell.

And as I'm watching I just realized I don't have any memories of the FA Cup final. Don't recall watching highlights. Don't recall seeing a replay.

Clearly by the time the Bayern match was around I knew MUFC were England Champions and FA Cup Champions, but I have no recollection of that match whatsoever from 1999. Weird.

It was the week of my HS graduation so maybe that explains it?

I’m a EPL dabbler - had a friend from Huddersfield so I followed them until they got shipped. Im not one to start rooting for the best:richest teams (so no big 6). Leiscester bandwagon pretty full. I’m kinda liking Villa. Any objections?

I’m a EPL dabbler - had a friend from Huddersfield so I followed them until they got shipped. Im not one to start rooting for the best:richest teams (so no big 6). Leiscester bandwagon pretty full. I’m kinda liking Villa. Any objections?

Villa would be a fun team to pick up right now. Otherwise probably Southampton, Wolves, or Leeds.

You can join the Everton bandwagon but don’t do it. It’s nothing but disappointment.

Villa seems like a good call. I also think liking the club’s colors is important. I’m not a red.

Ha i was gonna say i like the unis but figured i would get laughed out of the thread.

You can join the Everton bandwagon but don’t do it. It’s nothing but disappointment.

Villa seems like a good call. I also think liking the club’s colors is important. I’m not a red.

If I were just now going to pick a team I’d pick the fighting Hassenhutls or Leicester or even Brighton.

Title chasing Chelsea are only 3 points above Arsenal and are getting run out of their building.

Back