• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

The FA in all their idiocy has gotten themselves into quite a bind here.
3f3449536208af8353102199f262470f.jpg

It's a bit more complicated I would say than the Uruguay FA described. There are plenty of people in Latin America who find the term offensive, even if it is widely used as a term of endearment between friends. Same with calling anyone who looks slightly Asian, "Chino". It's not used as an insult, but it can be insulting to black or Asian Latinos who have to listen to it. While I don't think the English FA should be deciding what is appropriate in another country, it does have some say over their players and their social media. Would have been much better to have an open conversation though rather than punishing a player who meant no harm.

I also imagine the English FA still couldn't explain any of the background or nuance of the situation.

Last edited:
Meh, just 'cause something isn't offensive in Uruguay doesn't mean it's not offensive in other parts of the world.

The FA sucks, obviously, but if you're gonna police social media best to do it consistently. (Though I'm sure they've done even that inadequately)

ETA: that "meh" was directed at Uruguay's statement, not Husky or anybody else here

I'm not sure if there is a more underrated midfielder than JWP in the Premiership

I'm impressed by him everytime I watch Soton play.

ahhhh the joy of Brazilian GKs. prone to those rushes of blood to the head to go rogue.

I am still shaking my head that almost half way through the season and Liverpool's two losses are to Southampton and Aston Villa. With draws against Fulham, West Brom and Brighton (sitting in 17-19) as well. Yet, still atop the table... for the time being!

I do love that only 11 points separate 1 to 14.

Klopp: "I hear now that Manchester United had more penalties in two years than I had in five-and-a-half years. I've no idea if that's my fault, or how that can happen."

INJECT IT INTO MY VEINS!!!11!

Edit:
Right into my VEINS.

Last edited:
Oh and there's this fun FACHT, Rafa...errr...Jurgen.
54a39c9eef62b6f25eda6d5d113b1ab6.jpg

‐--------

And then...

Last edited:
It feels like he's been poor even before the dip in LFCs form as a whole.

Agreed. For most of this year he's been a liability on defense and at best inconsistent going forward.

Well, Spurs through to the Carabao finals after a close VAR call disallows a Brentford goal and Hojbjerg barely escapes a broken leg after a horrible tackle. Let's see if Mou can win a trophy.

Well, Spurs through to the Carabao finals after a close VAR call disallows a Brentford goal and Hojbjerg barely escapes a broken leg after a horrible tackle. Let's see if Mou can win a trophy.

I don't really understand the issue with that VAR call, to be honest.

The dude's knee was about a ball length (not a testicle, but a football) offside.

I get shitting on VAR in England, but this isn't an example of that and I would have laughed at Mou crashing out to Brentford.

Evidence:

skysports-brentford-tottenham_5228580.jpg

You can see where Sissoko's foot is in relation to the Brentford guy's knee. This isn't even close, IMO.

Also, those lines are still fucking stupid given the limitations of cameras vs the speed of humans kicking a ball and moving. Get rid of them please.

TBH, I wasn't really paying close attention. It isn't as close as others. I'm still anti automatic VAR goal reviews, though its usage in the red card incident was warranted. That's how it should work.

I like the idea of giving managers 2 "challenges" a half and an extra one each half if they get EITHER one right. You go 0-2, then sorry, Charlie.

Managers must inform the 4th official of the "challenge" by the time the game is restarted from whatever prompted the dead ball (goal, corner, throw-in, kickoff, etc. etc.) or by the next dead ball if it was a "live" foul where play didn't stop.

Only instances where VAR can be used would be:

- Goals (can go back 15 seconds of gameplay to see if any fouls involved to lead up -- AKA you cannot overturn a goal for a "foul" just outside your attacking 18, give up 12 passes on a move, and get scored on. But possible foul that led to a quick counter-attack? Allowed.)
- Corner kicks/goal kicks -- better be quick on these as a manager
- Possible red card offenses

ARs instructed (back) to raise their flag for offside and CRs can decide to let a move play out or whistle it dead. Goal goes in... then rule it offside and make the manager challenge to prove it was an incorrect live decision.
---- I'm so tired of ARs keeping their flag down when a player is like over a yard offside for no damn reason other than stupid "let it play out and VAR can decide". Some player is going to pull a hamstring during one of these sprints that is meaningless. Its a stupid rule. ----

No lines for offside either. Watch it on replay a few times. If close then the decision goes to the attacker like the LAWS OF THE GAME STATE.

That's what I was thinking today. If it's not absolutely obvious on normal (or even slow-mo) video replay, call stands. Like football. And agree, edge should go to attacker.

Back