• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

The only positive from this match is that it’s becoming quite clear Thiago is our best option in breaking down a compressed defense.

How can he bitch about fixture congestion if he doesn't play his top players every match?

Exactly. Need the Villa pre-teens to start getting stuck in for the last 10-15 mins.

Also why wasn’t this game postponed if Villa had a COVID outbreak? They gave Pep his holiday break.

Exactly. Need the Villa pre-teens to start getting stuck in for the last 10-15 mins.

Also why wasn’t this game postponed if Villa had a COVID outbreak? They gave Pep his holiday break.
PL decision vs FA decision, for one

Everton going to ET vs Rotherham which is good news for Wolves, whom they play on Tuesday

Everton going to ET vs Rotherham which is good news for Wolves, whom they play on Tuesday

Fortunately James and Digne are back fit and we can rest DCL and Richarlison. Started as close to a second XI as possible which is nice.

Fortunately James and Digne are back fit and we can rest DCL and Richarlison. Started as close to a second XI as possible which is nice.

I didn’t mind the result but the MF duo of Gomes and Davies can never happen again. Too slow and soft. When Doucoure came on the game changed. We really need another athletic ball carrier/winner in the MF, I hope we get this Ecuadorian kid Calceido that we and ManU, Brighton and Atlanta United have been linked with. He’s suppose to be a CM beast.

Also the Godfrey LB experiment needs to end unless we are bunkering against a top side. Nkounkou was great when Carlo finally brought him on. Digne was rushed back and shouldn’t have played more than 25-30 mins today. James struggled after his month out but grew into the game and provided the eventual winner to Doucoure. I think he’ll look sharper on Tuesday, which could be a sub appearance after today.

Also Tosun’s second was onside, bullshit call from VAR. They real need to scrap the replay lines, it’s not convincing at all and they looked bent and wrong. That being said Tosun is too slow for the PL and needs to go.

A little FA Cup magic for the American, Matthew Olosunde.

He was excellent, MOTM. Could see him being bought by a low end PL or top level Champ team that wants to play with WBs. He’s sound defensively and can take on players and get forward. If he played any other position he would have more USMNT chatter. But right back is just loaded with young talent.

Ole’s lineup today is, um, something.

Hendo
Williams-Bailly-Tuanzebe-Telles
McTomminay-VdB
Lingard
Mata-Greenwood-James

Not sure the exact positioning, but that’s my guess. At least Rash, Bruno and Tony are on the bench if needed.

Telles playing in some great balls from the corners today. Tremendous whip on them

Hendo caught Bailly with a knee for a ball in the area. Subbed off but didn't need the stretcher. Maguire coming on for him.

Hope that's just precautionary or concussion related at worst and not anything more serious.

Hendo caught Bailly with a knee for a ball in the area. Subbed off but didn't need the stretcher. Maguire coming on for him.

Hope that's just precautionary or concussion related at worst and not anything more serious.

With Bailly, he’ll probs be out for 6 months. It was a solid knock, but dude is made of twigs.

Not a great game. I’d rate McTominay as man of the match with a 6, maybe 6.5. But good to get some rest for some guys, and although Rash and Tony came on, they didn’t really exert themselves.

Back