• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Koscielny has refused to travel to the US for Arsenal’s tour, attempting to force a move back to France. Fair play, captain.

Everton liked with Nicolas Pepe this morning. Apparently Lyon want 60M+? Not sure he's worth that.

With links to just about every left footed winger under 25 in the world right now, I imagine we'll be signing one of Pepe, Neres, Malcom, Traore, etc.

Of everyone linked with Liverpool this summer he had the most exciting YouTube highlight clip. Also whoscored loves his contributions.

Somebody paid for a plane to fly over United's training session in Perth today carrying a banner saying: "Liverpool FC - 6x European Champions"

Fair play.

Of everyone linked with Liverpool this summer he had the most exciting YouTube highlight clip. Also whoscored loves his contributions.

Unfortunately, another Liverpool/NW beat guy, Dominic King, came out and categorically stated there was no interest. Which doesn't rule anything out, but that would be two people (Mel Reddy the other) who have been pretty clear with that. Not sure what to think -- I guess we'll know for sure after AFCON. I think I'm leaning more to it being Chukwueze whenever Nigeria is out (or wins). Or no one. I'd still love Pepe, though.

First preseason match today for Liverpool versus Tranmere. Young Big Sepp is ineligible as he hasn't received his clearance yet. Mignolet just came back to training yesterday but they might throw him right in. I'm sure there will be a lot of youngsters.

Marcotti: "What I've been told, is that Pogba is not desperately itching for a move. He wants a resolution, a way forward. Either a new contract and commitment from the club about the squad, or if there is an offer out there and it works, moving elsewhere."

Could be damage control from Pogs camp but a more than reasonable position

Big Rom not in training. Hmmmm.

Edit: ESPNFC leaving off the part where he trained in the gym instead with Martial.

Last edited:
Mike Ashley is nothing if not a visionary.

Heard his initial plan for Newcastle was for the first 10 years to entail five years in the Prem and five years in the Championship. Overachieving!

First west ham preseason match pretty fun. Five goals already with half an hour to go.

Super weird seeing Winston Reid in the pitch. He hasn't played for us in more than a year. He was a surefire starter when he was injured, but not so sure with Balbuena and Diop having great seasons together.

Yarmuelenko also back after missing most of his first season.

Chich wearing Big Andy's #9

Wilshere looking brilliant. Wonder if he'll make it to the start of the season uninjured

Liverpool putting out a pretty solid XI today first half: Mignolet; Clyne, Gomez, Phillips, Larouci; AOC, Milner, Lallana; Wilson, Brewster, Kent.

Second half will look like this, apparently: Jaros; Hoever, Matip, Johnston, Lewis; Fabinho, Jones, Woodburn; Duncan, Glatzel, Origi.

Heard his initial plan for Newcastle was for the first 10 years to entail five years in the Prem and five years in the Championship. Overachieving!

If Bruce gets the job, that means that Newcastle will have employed 10 British managers in just the last 12 years: Nigel Pearson, Sam Allardyce, Kevin Keegan, Chris Hughton (twice), Joe Kinnear, Alan Shearer, Alan Pardew, John Carver, Steve McLaren and Steve Bruce. I have nothing against British managers but that really is a whose who of mediocrity.

Clyne? He's still alive?

Good for him.

With Moreno gone, it may make sense to keep Clyne around as cover for both full back spots. Not sure he'll want to stay though.

Duncan Castles reporting that Spurs have reached out to Dani Alves over a potential free agent signing. Could be fun for a year or two! May also indicate that we're focused on shoring up the midfield this offseason and are willing to kick the can down the road on FBs for a bit.

Back