• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

After an undeserved point last week, I suppose an undeserved zero points today signals some sort of karmic redistribution.

Credit to Newcastle for their tireless defending, though.

Spurs fullbacks suuuuuck. Sadly when Sissoko went to RB after Walker-Peters was subbed off, there was actually some width and penetration down the flank. And Sissoko playing the best at RB cannot be the answer. After all his injuries, Rose is at best a league average FB and the RB position is a fucking wasteland. You can defend so narrow and deep against Spurs because there simply isn't anything to threaten you.

4 years ago we had the best set of FB's in the league. Now it's probably the worst FB situation of any of the top 6.

Spurs fullbacks suuuuuck. Sadly when Sissoko went to RB after Walker-Peters was subbed off, there was actually some width and penetration down the flank. And Sissoko playing the best at RB cannot be the answer. After all his injuries, Rose is at best a league average FB and the RB position is a fucking wasteland. You can defend so narrow and deep against Spurs because there simply isn't anything to threaten you.

4 years ago we had the best set of FB's in the league. Now it's probably the worst FB situation of any of the top 6.
Yep

And United have no creativity to break down a team that is bunkered in. Only way MUFC will score regularly is via the counter attack with pace before the opposition can get set defensively. Just a dearth of creative players.

Yeah, after this weekend the gulf between the top two and the rest seems even larger. I thought if Spurs could stay healthy they would be closest, but it's looking like Pool and City will probably be 10+ points clear by Christmas.

And United have no creativity to break down a team that is bunkered in. Only way MUFC will score regularly is via the counter attack with pace before the opposition can get set defensively. Just a dearth of creative players.

This was clear against Palace. It really never felt like United was going to break through. I like James and his strike was spot on, but I would rather see Mata in there just because he brings something different. He's slow and awful tracking back and can disappear for stretches, but the offense is more creative with him in there. And he can take FKs. I have no idea how Rashford got to be the designated FK taker. I don't think I've ever seen him hit the target. Sure, he hits that knuckle ball (or so they say), but that doesn't mean much when the ball is 10 yds wide of the goal. Pogba is also atrocious at them, so I'm glad he stopped being the primary. Mata, however, has shown that he's quite good at getting the ball on target.

The return!

Sealed result after Townie was bashing Villa so much. Kinda weird when they held out vs Spurs so long and had like 30 shots vs Bournemouth last week

Still don't think they're good, but what do I know?

This was clear against Palace. It really never felt like United was going to break through. I like James and his strike was spot on, but I would rather see Mata in there just because he brings something different. He's slow and awful tracking back and can disappear for stretches, but the offense is more creative with him in there. And he can take FKs. I have no idea how Rashford got to be the designated FK taker. I don't think I've ever seen him hit the target. Sure, he hits that knuckle ball (or so they say), but that doesn't mean much when the ball is 10 yds wide of the goal. Pogba is also atrocious at them, so I'm glad he stopped being the primary. Mata, however, has shown that he's quite good at getting the ball on target.
I think Ole sees that United's best chance is with pace so that's why James is getting the love.

I'd actually drop Lingard for Mata. Lingard has been AWFUL so far this season. Just awful.

Fun start to the season for sure. Lots of wild results.

Gbamin out four months at Everton with this quad injury. That means we'll be seeing a lot of Mo Schneiderlin til the January window unless Delph can take his place.

Fun start to the season for sure. Lots of wild results.

Gbamin out four months at Everton with this quad injury. That means we'll be seeing a lot of Mo Schneiderlin til the January window unless Delph can take his place.

...and Delph is probably a month away from being fully fit.

Back