• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Image for reference. Apparently Son's shoulder is an inch ahead of the defender's knee and therefore he gained an illegal advantage that lead to a goal. And, as an example of the human error component, the tech guy must estimate where Son's ARM becomes SHOULDER (as arms aren't legal ball-playing appendages). Finally, for effect, this was used as evidence to overturn a scored goal. What could go wrong?
LIKX52k.jpg

Anyway, y'all know how I feel. Spurs shouldn't have lost from a leading position, VAR or not.

Last edited:
It's literally a guy clicking with his mouse on body parts. Between the human judgment of when the pass is made and the human clicking on the offending body part with his mouse, there's far too much error involved to be calling off goals as close as Spurs' second today.

VAR should be used when there's confusion, like Leicester's goal, where many players were on/off and it is difficult to tell who is involved in the play, not as a tool to try to undo every goal that is scored if possible. A referee with a clear view of the situation should be trusted if they've made a judgment. If they want to ask VAR for assistance, fair.

And yeah, I realize that Spurs and VAR have a lengthening history now, but no one wants the EPL turning into the NFL.

Ref for mouse-clicking:
https://football-technology.fifa.com/en/media-tiles/the-virtual-offside-line/

United looked absolutely terrible in the first half. Lollygagging about, bad passing and suspect defense.

I think I agree. He’s got nothing going on out there.

This Rashford injury is very worrisome. If he misses any real time it’s going to be disastrous.
Looked like a groin. That's at least 6 weeks

Mark noble now with two reds

That foul on AWB was studs up

And he somehow wasnt booked in the 1st half when he went in insanely high on dan james

Ugh. United was mostly trash today. The squad that is currently available simply isn’t good enough.

If they go to ed woodward again I am liable to throw something at my tv

Is this the year the top 6 is no longer a thing? Those tiers don't seem to be there this year.

Been way too long since we scored off a direct free kick. What a belter from Alexander Arnold

VAR just reversed a Chelsea goal for an offside about 10 passes before the goal. How far back are they allowed to go and still consider it part of the buildup to the goal? Last time the other team touched the ball?

And I don’t care a thing for Chelsea

VAR just reversed a Chelsea goal for an offside about 10 passes before the goal. How far back are they allowed to go and still consider it part of the buildup to the goal? Last time the other team touched the ball?

And I don’t care a thing for Chelsea

I would assume any time during their possession. Not sure though.

There were also two Liverpool touches after the offside. Granted they were an accidental own goal attempt and a save but yeah. I’ll take it.

Arsenal losing to Villa and down to 10 men. Not looking good.

10 man wolves equalize in stoppage time.

This table outside the top 2 is not what I expected

Back