• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Speaking of pre-season, my 3rd Division Austrian team hosted Celtic for their first friendly yesterday ... Celtic won 2-1, was pretty awesome day in our tiny ancient stadium.

Also, the new Ivorian forward for Celtic who was in Slovakia last year (Vakoun Issouf Bayo) ... he's going to score 20 goals+ up in Scotland and I can't wait until he's linked to Everton in 2 years. Scored the winner yesterday, looked just a class above the other players on the pitch in terms of his athleticism and movement.

K9rCCv9.jpg

Update: 16 appearances, 2 goals

sneaky feeling he is going to be a "cheap" replacement for Neymar at PSG.

Lol based on what? Neymar isn't going anywhere, nobody will pay what PSG is asking for and they aren't going to do some loan+obligation/option with Neymar. Auba has indicated pretty clearly that he would like to stay and Arsenal has appeared to be willing to meet his wage + contract length requests.

Lol based on what? Neymar isn't going anywhere, nobody will pay what PSG is asking for and they aren't going to do some loan+obligation/option with Neymar. Auba has indicated pretty clearly that he would like to stay and Arsenal has appeared to be willing to meet his wage + contract length requests.

I have no inside SAUCES

just a feeling. I wouldn't bet a dime on it.

If Sancho goes to United I think they’re serious title contenders next year.

Define contenders. I find it hard to believe anyone will serious threaten City/Liverpool at the top barring serious injuries. I think City is likely to just run away with the title considering the quality of their squad and the compressed nature of the season.

I have no inside SAUCES

just a feeling. I wouldn't bet a dime on it.

lol OK then I have a feeling that a Chinese team is going to offer $150M for Mason Greenwood and he will end up being the greatest player in the history of the Chinese League over the next 15 years. Wouldn't bet a dime on it, just a feelin.

lol OK then I have a feeling that a Chinese team is going to offer $150M for Mason Greenwood and he will end up being the greatest player in the history of the Chinese League over the next 15 years. Wouldn't bet a dime on it, just a feelin.

Cool.

Difference here is your "feeling" didn't get my panties in a bunch because it didn't have a shred of plausible credibility to it.

nah, need a LB too.

Would also like a quick/agile CB to partner Maguire. Bailly is that player but his body just seems to be crocked. (for the record I don't like Maguire being the top CB, but that is the reality of the situation)

Lindleof is solid but kinda took a step back this past year.

Define contenders. I find it hard to believe anyone will serious threaten City/Liverpool at the top barring serious injuries. I think City is likely to just run away with the title considering the quality of their squad and the compressed nature of the season.

Man City just finished 18 points (SIX FULL WINS) behind Liverpool.

Why would you think they are favorites to run away with the league next year? That's a bold ass statement.

honestly, just fucking stop with this nonsense.
its so tired.

So you think that the quality of today’s English refereeing is acceptable? Every week there are multiple glaring errors. So either it’s terrible and there needs to be a systematic purge, or you have to accept that that the FA and PL are complicit.

agree about the left back situation though shaw is definitely serviceable, city's fullbacks aren't world beaters every match

ha i tried to tell you lindelof was shit

worried united will come after one of our young CBs, holgate or branthwaite

[/B]

Why would you think they are favorites to run away with the league next year? That's a bold ass statement.

I literally said the two big reasons why I think that, you even bolded both of them

[/B]

Quick look at how the top of the table looked every PL season and how the next season's top of the table looked. This shows what a BOLD prediction Man City running away with it next year truly is. Sure, it *could* happen, as it has before, but I'd be surprised.

1992/93: Champions; MUFC (2nd place -10 points)
1993/94: Champions; MUFC (2nd place *Blackburn) -8 points)
1994/95: Champions; Blackburn (2nd place *MUFC* -1 point)
1995/96: Champions; MUFC (2nd place -4 points)
1996/97: Champions; MUFC (2nd place *Newcastle/Arsenal/Liverpool* -7 points)
1997/98: Champions; Arsenal (2nd place *MUFC* -1 point)
1998/99: Champions; MUFC (2nd place *Arsenal* -1 point)
1999/2000: Champions; MUFC (2nd place -18 points)
2000/2001: Champions; MUFC (2nd place *Arsenal* -10 points)
2001/02: Champions; Arsenal (2nd place *Liverpool* -7 points --- 3rd place *MUFC* -10 points)
2002/03: Champions; MUFC (2nd place *Arsenal* -5 points)
2003/04: Champions; Arsenal (2nd place *Chelsea* -11 points)
2004/05: Champions; Chelsea (2nd place -12 points)
2005/06: Champions; Chelsea (2nd place *MUFC* -8 points)
2006/07: Champions; MUFC (2nd place -6 points)
2007/08: Champions; MUFC (2nd place -2 points)
2008/09: Champions; MUFC (2nd place *Liverpool* -4 points --- 3rd place *Chelsea* -7 points)
2009/10: Champions; Chelsea (2nd place *MUFC* -1 point)
2010/11: Champions; MUFC (2nd place *Chelsea and MCFC* -9 points)
2011/12: Champions; MCFC (2nd place *MUFC* -0 points. grrrrrrrrrr)
2012/13: Champions; MUFC (2nd place (MCFC* -11 points)
2013/14: Champions; MCFC (2nd place *Liverpool* -2 points --- 3rd place *Chelsea* -4 points)
2014/15: Champions; Chelsea (2nd place *MCFC* -8 points --- 14th place *Leicester* -46 points)
2015/16: Champions; Leicester (2nd place *Arsenal* -10 points --- 10th place *Chelsea* -10 points)
2016/17: Champions; Chelsea (2nd place *Spurs* -7 points --- 3rd place *MCFC* -15 points)
2017/18: Champions; MCFC (2nd place -19 points)
2018/19: Champions; MCFC (2nd place *Liverpool* -1 point)
2019/20: Champions; Liverpool (2nd place *MCFC* -18 points)

So you think that the quality of today’s English refereeing is acceptable? Every week there are multiple glaring errors. So either it’s terrible and there needs to be a systematic purge, or you have to accept that that the FA and PL are complicit.

I think it's hilarious that even a small part of you might think the FA and PL would be corrupt in favor of Arsenal. It's much more likely that English referees are largely terrible on their own + have an association that allows them to be without punishment. The fact the FA didn't implement VAR as FIFA and UEFA recommended says it all.

I think it's hilarious that even a small part of you might think the FA and PL would be corrupt in favor of Arsenal. It's much more likely that English referees are largely terrible on their own + have an association that allows them to be without punishment. The fact the FA didn't implement VAR as FIFA and UEFA recommended says it all.

Then why are English refs allowed to be so bad? Why were the able to get away with not using VAR correctly?

Just like with every other similar situation in life, I follow the money.

Quick look at how the top of the table looked every PL season and how the next season's top of the table looked. This shows what a BOLD prediction Man City running away with it next year truly is. Sure, it *could* happen, as it has before, but I'd be surprised.

1992/93: Champions; MUFC (2nd place -10 points)
1993/94: Champions; MUFC (2nd place *Blackburn) -8 points)
1994/95: Champions; Blackburn (2nd place *MUFC* -1 point)
1995/96: Champions; MUFC (2nd place -4 points)
1996/97: Champions; MUFC (2nd place *Newcastle/Arsenal/Liverpool* -7 points)
1997/98: Champions; Arsenal (2nd place *MUFC* -1 point)
1998/99: Champions; MUFC (2nd place *Arsenal* -1 point)
1999/2000: Champions; MUFC (2nd place -18 points)
2000/2001: Champions; MUFC (2nd place *Arsenal* -10 points)
2001/02: Champions; Arsenal (2nd place *Liverpool* -7 points --- 3rd place *MUFC* -10 points)
2002/03: Champions; MUFC (2nd place *Arsenal* -5 points)
2003/04: Champions; Arsenal (2nd place *Chelsea* -11 points)
2004/05: Champions; Chelsea (2nd place -12 points)
2005/06: Champions; Chelsea (2nd place *MUFC* -8 points)
2006/07: Champions; MUFC (2nd place -6 points)
2007/08: Champions; MUFC (2nd place -2 points)
2008/09: Champions; MUFC (2nd place *Liverpool* -4 points --- 3rd place *Chelsea* -7 points)
2009/10: Champions; Chelsea (2nd place *MUFC* -1 point)
2010/11: Champions; MUFC (2nd place *Chelsea and MCFC* -9 points)
2011/12: Champions; MCFC (2nd place *MUFC* -0 points. grrrrrrrrrr)
2012/13: Champions; MUFC (2nd place (MCFC* -11 points)
2013/14: Champions; MCFC (2nd place *Liverpool* -2 points --- 3rd place *Chelsea* -4 points)
2014/15: Champions; Chelsea (2nd place *MCFC* -8 points --- 14th place *Leicester* -46 points)
2015/16: Champions; Leicester (2nd place *Arsenal* -10 points --- 10th place *Chelsea* -10 points)
2016/17: Champions; Chelsea (2nd place *Spurs* -7 points --- 3rd place *MCFC* -15 points)
2017/18: Champions; MCFC (2nd place -19 points)
2018/19: Champions; MCFC (2nd place *Liverpool* -1 point)
2019/20: Champions; Liverpool (2nd place *MCFC* -18 points)

OK maybe not "running away" from Liverpool, but from everyone else sure. Liverpool likely are not going to be nearly as dominant in the first place, especially with how the fixtures are going to come compressed with 4 competitions put into 8 months. City have natural squad depth of a higher caliber than most Premier League starting XIs and are adding reinforcements in the transfer window. City was fairly hard done by with injuries this season, if they avoid that they are likely going to improve greatly on having 9 losses. And I don't see any way the chasing pack of Chelsea/United/Leicester/Wolves/Arsenal/Shit can make up enough of a 30+ point gap to be considered "contenders".

Then why are English refs allowed to be so bad? Why were the able to get away with not using VAR correctly?

Just like with every other similar situation in life, I follow the money.

Because the FA is ridiculously arrogant and won't be told how to run its competition. If you want to argue the FA and its referees are corrupt, be my guest, still hilarious that you are using decisions in favor of Arsenal as your last straw, there is no less likely club to be the FA's darlings and beneficiaries of corruption than Arsenal.

OK maybe not "running away" from Liverpool, but from everyone else sure. Liverpool likely are not going to be nearly as dominant in the first place, especially with how the fixtures are going to come compressed with 4 competitions put into 8 months. City have natural squad depth of a higher caliber than most Premier League starting XIs and are adding reinforcements in the transfer window. City was fairly hard done by with injuries this season, if they avoid that they are likely going to improve greatly on having 9 losses. And I don't see any way the chasing pack of Chelsea/United/Leicester/Wolves/Arsenal/Shit can make up enough of a 30+ point gap to be considered "contenders".

OK, that's a fairer take and seems reasonable.

Smart money will be on Liverpool or MCFC to win.
I'm hoping to see some ridiculous odds on United to win so that I can waste $100 tryna get RICH. 7.5:1 ain't gonna do it.

Back