• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

He did try and hurt Richarlison and succeeded in keeping him out for multiple matches with a dangerous head injury that was measured and calculated and unpunished. I’m on my phone looking after my son and this is from memory else I’d go Google all the examples from the last 18 months. I could recall two from memory which isn’t great!

Here's the Richarlison play from two angles:

And it seems like Richy was nonplussed about it; which is funny comparing his reaction to people that watch things on super slow-mo determined to see a

“To everyone who sent messages and is worried – I’m fine,” Richarlison posted on Twitter.
“It was more the fright and the image that was ugly. Bailly apologized to me later, and it’s all right. Something that happens in the game.

“Thank you for the affection and concern of you guys.”

The more skilled a player you are, the more control I believe you have over your body and the way you make tackles and interact with other players. Bruno knows exactly what he's doing. If he can bang in 30 goals+assists a season with inch perfect control over the ball, we can't call him clumsy when his studs regularly land halfway up legs.

Lastly, the bolded above doesn't make much sense either.

It's like saying a player that is phenomenal at timing a tackle has more control so he should have ball skills as well and be able to dribble past multiple opponents. They are two very different skills.

Lastly, the bolded above doesn't make much sense either.

It's like saying a player that is phenomenal at timing a tackle has more control so he should have ball skills as well and be able to dribble past multiple opponents. They are two very different skills.

see, e.g., AWB

Here's the Richarlison play from two angles:

In the NBA that’s a flagrant 2 and ejection, and in this match it should have been red. You don’t push a player after they’ve jumped and you have to allow them to land and not run underneath them (a la Kane).

Lebron attempted to seriously injure Joel Embiid this season on a similar play. I don’t consider him a dirty player but it’s a worthwhile analog as the best players often avoid punishment for things that would get other players sent off or ejected and crucified by the media.

Totally Unofficial 2020/21 Premier League Thread (NWT)

He did try and hurt Richarlison and succeeded in keeping him out for multiple matches with a dangerous head injury that was measured and calculated and unpunished. I’m on my phone looking after my son and this is from memory else I’d go Google all the examples from the last 18 months. I could recall two from memory which isn’t great!

I’m struggling to see what you’re seeing. Richarlison never jumps so if Bruno isn’t there he undercuts the defender and table tops him. If anything he puts his own teammate in more danger by bodying a guy under his play on the ball. I’m here for all the Bruno shit talking but this isn’t it for me.

He doesn't jump for the ball, but he leaves his feet to try and get position. If Bruno wasn't there at all, Richarlison could have made a play on the ball, but instead he jockeys for position, and Bruno bodies him directly into an onrushing player.

I watched a few episodes of All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur on a flight last night. I wish I hadn't because now I don't despise Jose as much as I once did. There are, of course, a handful of additional episodes remaining that could get me back to an appropriate level of indignation, however.

Good signing by Liverpool assuming the injury problems are behind him.

FINAL VAR overturns - decisions for Brighton 9 Fulham 9 Leicester City 9 Man United 9 Chelsea 8 Aston Villa 7 Liverpool 7 Sheffield United 7 Southampton 7 Tottenham 7 Crystal Palace 6 Everton 6 Burnley 5 Leeds 5 Man City 5 Newcastle 5 West Ham 5 Wolves 4 Arsenal 3 West Brom 3

FINAL VAR overturns - decisions against Liverpool 13 Tottenham 10 Arsenal 9 Man United 9 West Brom 9 Brighton 8 Leicester 7 Southampton 7 Wolves 7 Fulham 6 West Ham 6 Aston Villa 5 Chelsea 5 Crystal Palace 5 Newcastle 5 Leeds 4 Man City 4 Sheffield United 4 Everton 2 Burnley 1

These suggest that Arsenal actually got a LOT of decisions in their favor by the on-field ref. So not really "shafted".

And David Luiz deserved to be sent off for fouling a player through on goal without making a genuine attempt for the ball.

First of all, I never mentioned VAR. I talked about red cards. But in these stats you have provided to counter my statement -

Arsenal -6
Brighton +1
Fulham +3
Leicester +2
ManU Even
Chelsea +3
Aston Villa +2
Liverpool -6
Sheffield +3
Southampton Even
Tottenham -3
CP+1
Everton +4
Burnley +4
Leeds +1
Man City +1
Newcastle Even
West Ham -1
Wolves -3
West Brom -6

West Brom, Liverpool and Arsenal led the league in overall VAR decision (Decisions for minus Decisions against). Seems to me that this is the exact opposite of what you are trying to say.

Sorry for the extra period, I was a little nonplussed. :p

Last edited:
I’d be curious to know if the numerous VAR reviews that resulted in an Arsenal opponent not being sent off for clearly violent conduct go down as against Arsenal or for that team

I wasn’t sure who I wanted to win today and then in the first 20 minutes I realized I felt slightly more dread when City was attacking so I guess yay? Would have been easier if Chelsea finished 5th so I could have just rooted hard for City. Whatever.

Back