• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Lots of talk on twitter about supposed Everton interest in Dike. That's cool and all, but can we find someone who can actually create chances for the striker we have?

Lots of talk on twitter about supposed Everton interest in Dike. That's cool and all, but can we find someone who can actually create chances for the striker we have?

I don't want him to come to Everton. West Ham and Wolves are much better fits.

McKennie (if the Juve are as skint as reported) and Weah are the two "realistic" American transfers that I think would actually work with our current team.

McKennie (if the Juve are as skint as reported) and Weah are the two "realistic" American transfers that I think would actually work with our current team.

Weah isn’t good enough for Everton. McKennie would be awesome to watch in the PL.

Yeah, I'd love to have a guy like Weston in our side. Works his ass off and also has proven to be a pretty decent creator and on occasion, score, as well.

Totally Unofficial 2020/21 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Scored three goals in 28 matches and comes in at 20 out of 21 on the whoscored ratings.

I don’t think you realize how putrid we are in attack after DCL and Richy. Weah would get minutes, trust me.

However I suspect Lille are going to be raided this summer, so he should stay and push for a larger role. He just came back from a season long injury last fall.

A move to Everton would be a step back right now, and honestly don’t want that to happen to any of our young Yanks. The next American we sign should be a Aaronson or McKenzie type, a young player who succeeded at a mid-tier European leagues and is now taking the step up to the Prem.

Last edited:

He might get minutes out of positional scarcity but i still don’t think he’s good enough for Everton yet.

Edit: I say this having watched him maybe five times in the last 18 months but the stats back up my uninformed position.

In other news Everton Twitter broke tonight with reports coming out that Carlo is the front runner at Madrid. I have no idea if they are true, and I like Carlo as a person, but I honestly wouldn’t be that upset if he left.

Let Brands (our DOF) hire a youngish manager who believes in high pressing/tempo and lets create an identity. Im okay with hitting reset and starting a 3-4 year project with young players like Ben Godfrey. Buy young and get the older mercenaries out of the club. Build around DCL and Godfrey. Give Davies an extended run. Keep Pickford. Everyone else is expendable.

I’m over slapping one band-aid after another over our gapping wounds. We need a real rebuild.

In other news Everton Twitter broke tonight with reports coming out that Carlo is the front runner at Madrid. I have no idea if they are true, and I like Carlo as a person, but I honestly wouldn’t be that upset if he left.

Now Big Sam electing to not stay at West Brom makes a lot more sense.

Now Big Sam electing to not stay at West Brom makes a lot more sense.

Exactly. Great timing for Everton as Alan Pardew, Alan Curbishley and Steve McLaren are all available too.

It would be very funny to turn a profit on the Don Carlo hire.

I presume Steven Gerrard is cat fishing Everton. That’s the only explanation to these rumors.

At least we wouldn't have to change our play style.

Yep. Big Sam was playing better football at West Brom in 2021 than Carlo at Everton. I will not miss that garbage.

I presume Steven Gerrard is cat fishing Everton. That’s the only explanation to these rumors.

When I saw Stevie G linked this morning, my initial reaction was WTF. But the more I think about it, it would be hilarious. Your lot would turn on him the minute it looked like Everton might get a result in the Derby. Watching you mutants tear down one of your own gods would be entertaining. The thought of being involved in something actually interesting, like a relegation battle, doesn't seem half bad either. Especially if we give him zero money to spend and use next season to finalize our squad cleanse. We have so much wasted money coming off the books in the next 12 months, that's what really gets me going. What's another season of underwhelming results, the goal is get another 15-20 players out the door.

That won't happen though. We're going to sign Howe or maybe Nuno, and finish 8th-10th next year. Which is fine as long as we only sign young, hungry players. The fact that we were getting linked with every washed up former star in Europe with Ancelotti in charge, was quite worrisome.

Also if Koeman stays at Barca (Bobby Brown Shoes Martinez takes over following the Euros which is being rumored) then El Clasico next season will be between two failed Everton managers. Unbelievable.

Back