• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

In other manager news Conte to Spurs seems to be happening. That would be interesting. Probably helps convince Kane to stay. I have zero idea how that works with Levy and his notorious frugality though. Conte is going to want 10 signings ASAP.

love when fans of other clubs tell us how to feel

In other manager news Conte to Spurs seems to be happening. That would be interesting. Probably helps convince Kane to stay. I have zero idea how that works with Levy and his notorious frugality though. Conte is going to want 10 signings ASAP.

saw something on Twitter that could not have been more true... it said something like:

Conte is the only manager that could fix Tottenham. Also, Tottenham is the only club that could break Conte.

I feel a bit differently than Brasky about the recruitment of the new manager, which is to say I'm less concerned with the style of play and more that they have a joined up strategy with the back office on recruitment, training, and tactics.

It feels instead like our owner falls in love with a coach they meet and that's it, they sell it to the board of sycophants and discussion over. We then let the coach, and not the director of football, buy players, whom they overpay for and then insist on playing regardless of their form or fit in the current team.

I don't think Everton are a team with even a roadmap towards challenging for a title right now, but that doesn't mean fans have to enjoy the dysfunction. I love that Liverpool and Man United fans are sniping from the sidelines here.

I'd be for Conte; I mean he's obviously one of the best managers in world football. He just feels like rich man's Mourinho. He'll win, feud, break things, and leave. I kind of feel like we need a program builder for a few years. Like Rangnik + Ten Hag, then bring Poch back.

The best news here, to me, is that they're looking to bring in Paratici as DoF. Having a real DoF feels essential as we move forward; Levy needs to handle CFO duties and stay more hands-off with the team. Additionally, if Conte comes to Spurs, there's an implication (more so than hiring a younger, cheaper manager) that we'll fully back and improve the squad. Lots of turnover needs to happen.

Spurs Tier 1 source (and club mouthpiece) Ali Gold said today that Conte is very likely to be the next manager. The interest in Poch was real as well, but difficult to pry from PSG.

Conte + some smart investment could make Spurs contenders pretty quickly, which would be fun. Not how I saw this playing out until very recently, to be sure.

Ipity is the most positive spurs fan. Always extremely pumped about every single rumored player and coach. Always something good to say about the tabloid favorite. #betterphanClub

Totally Unofficial 2020/21 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I’m pleasantly surprised that Moshiri hadn’t rushed to “win the press conference” and hire the first big name he could get.

Apparently the Lille manager is in play, Gaultier. I am intrigued.

Totally Unofficial 2020/21 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Uhhhhh Conte to Spurs is off, suddenly. Bummer.

Last edited:
KDB over Bruno was an...interesting call.
640dbc028bc94cc37776f9fba0ac32c0.jpg

Wasn't it the PFA pick? Maybe other soccer players hate bruno as much as posters on this thread do.

You mean KDB over Kane, right? Get outta here.

But yeah, dude only appeared in 25 games. Total bullshit. I'd say it was due to a great player but he won it last year as well. WTF.

Seriously, Kane led the league in goals and assists for the first time in the 21st century. Fucking bullshit he's not winning these awards. Should be even more deserved for tallying those numbers under Jose fucking Mourinho.

Wasn't it the PFA pick? Maybe other soccer players hate bruno as much as posters on this thread do.
So they are immature children?

Major news sources see that it is nonsense.

So they are immature children?

Major news sources see that it is nonsense.

I don't disagree, but KDB did have as many assists as Bruno in 2/3 of the games, and nearly as many chances in 2/3 the games, so...is your argument really as clear cut as you make it?

Back