• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Damn right it does

Now if we can just get these pesky European Championships out of the way we can start talking about proper football again

I really like United's run-in if there is a title chase going on...

April:
Leicester (H)
Everton (A)
Norwich (H)
Arsenal (A)
Brentford (H)

May
Brighton (A)
Chelsea (H)
Crystal Palace (A)

Spurs-City opener should be fun.

I think this in now the third straight year Liverpool have opened with a newly promoted team. Maybe 4th year. LET THE MEDIA DARLING CONSPIRACY THEORIES REIGN DOWN!!!

I was hoping for some pithy comments about ManU's opener against your second favorite team.

1292279017.jpg

not joking, he seems like a perfectly fine appointment to me. Seems like a low risk option at this point.

Low risk, low reward. Rafa hasn’t won anything that he created since he left Liverpool. And the trophies he’s won aren’t remotely impressive. His latest job was taking photos and doing nothing in China. Rafa is washed up.

Removing his past affiliations it’s still a horrible appointment. We don’t need a bootleg Ancelotti with outdated tactics and training methods. We need to hire a modern manager who’s committed to the massive squad overhaul that our DoF Brands is now on year three off.

I genuinely hope we get relegated if Rafa is the pick. This club could use a reset like Villa or Brighton, and hopefully it would convince Moshiri that he’s hopeless as an owner and he would sell. Plus I’d actually have some genuine excitement in my football life. Relegation and promotion battles are far more interesting than mid-table mediocrity, which is Benitez’s ceiling.

Last edited:

I want a young, up and comer (unless Bielsa wants to come to Goodison :thumbsup:). Rafa is about as far from that as one can get.

the donaldross of everton right here

I would genuinely rather hire Wes Miller than Rafa Benitez to be the next Everton manager. He’d at least watch some video and learn a little about how football is played successfully in 2021. Rafa plays some dreadful, archaic stuff.

Back