• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

That is an absolute joke

This game is rigged

This is an absolute fucking joke. It is so fucking obvious what Tierney is doing.

Fuck this shit. Brasky is RIGHT !

If Arsenal supporters on here needed any reminder of how far they've lost their god damn minds, I present...

The Prem needs to keep the 4th place race going. Vince McMahon blushes at the match fixing in the PL.

There isn't some massive conspiracy about sports about - I mean, I hope you all realize this, but I'm not so sure.

If there was then UAE money for Man City would have been as inconsequential as Saudi money for Newcastle and Man United would still be (undeserving) in the top 4, maybe even top 2. But Man City was actually run in a really smart way and Newcastle is just getting their legs under them. Man United have been run by clowns for a decade, so that's been fun for me to watch unfold.

Sometimes shit just doesn't go your teams' way and you need to stop thinking the world is out to get you and the things you like to root on for 2 hours a day every 3-7 days.
Sports conspiracy theorists are most likely the worst kind of conspiracy theorists. You aren't that important and neither is the team you care to support on some random days.

I really don't like cry baby Arsenal supporters. Jesus, they suck.

If Arsenal supporters on here needed any reminder of how far they've lost their god damn minds, I present...

There isn't some massive conspiracy about sports about - I mean, I hope you all realize this, but I'm not so sure.

If there was then UAE money for Man City would have been as inconsequential as Saudi money for Newcastle and Man United would still be (undeserving) in the top 4, maybe even top 2. But Man City was actually run in a really smart way and Newcastle is just getting their legs under them. Man United have been run by clowns for a decade, so that's been fun for me to watch unfold.

Sometimes shit just doesn't go your teams' way and you need to stop thinking the world is out to get you and the things you like to root on for 2 hours a day every 3-7 days.
Sports conspiracy theorists are most likely the worst kind of conspiracy theorists. You aren't that important and neither is the team you care to support on some random days.

I really don't like cry baby Arsenal supporters. Jesus, they suck.

Dude I’m not crying, I just generally can’t believe how absolutely shit the referring of the PL is and has been for the better part of 4-5 years. It’s mind boggling, it makes 90’s ACC basketball officiating look competent.

Something is very off, either that or I need a lobotomy. There is no way to explain the wild pendulum of refereeing that occurs based on who is playing and what result is needed. It’s extremely suspicious. I don’t know who’s beholden to whom, but something is going on.

The refereeing is horrible and the way they've dealt with VAR is somehow worse than what I could have designed if I was trying to make it quickly fail.

Those points are true.

But I remember Uriah Rennie being a PL ref and he's the literal worst referee I've ever witnessed. Just incompetent. And how long has Jonathan Moss been a ref? He was in charge when United were still winning titles, I'll say that much, and he was fucking shit then too.

Also, refs in the 90s in the ACC weren't trying to get certain teams to win. Wake Forest, as you might remember, won two ACC Championships in a row. And I think Maryland did OK a few years after that as well.

Take off the tin foil hat.

I mean, I just don't think the refs are good/smart enough to fix matches.

Can't they just be stupid?

Do you want to be happy in life? Find someone who looks at you like PL refs look at Kane and Son.

so now Tottenham are getting special treatment from refs? TOTTENHAM?! The team in 5th.

Cool.

so now Tottenham are getting special treatment from refs? TOTTENHAM?! The team in 5th.

Cool.

Yep, the team behind *checks notes* Everton, Brentford, and Crystal Palace in penalties received this year. Definite conspiracy.

Arsenal supporters are such whiny little babies. It's unreal.

In 4th, which is outstanding considering their side, and they still want to act like the world is against them. Grow up.

Foul - Rob Holding

Sure looks like an attempted elbow to the head from Son. The foul was called on Holding.

Foul - Saka

Saka wins the ball and gets stepped on, but the foul was called on him. This led to the Spurs second goal.

Mark Clattenburg on the soft penalty

Let's not mention the potential DOGSO foul from Ben Davies on Saka or Harry Kane wrestling Gabriel to the floor prior to Son's goal either.

Clearly it's all in our heads. :rolleyes:

Tottenham winning yesterday could help Leeds' chances of staying up. Spurs absolutely need 3 points against Burnley and Arsenal may well go into the final weekend needing to gun for 3 against Everton. If Everton don't have the points before that final match things could get very interesting.

And after typing all of this out, watch Leeds win the last two and get sent down with 40 points.

Tottenham winning yesterday could help Leeds' chances of staying up. Spurs absolutely need 3 points against Burnley and Arsenal may well go into the final weekend needing to gun for 3 against Everton. If Everton don't have the points before that final match things could get very interesting.

And after typing all of this out, watch Leeds win the last two and get sent down with 40 points.

As a burnley fan I was pulling for Arsenal, cause a win (or at least a draw) would have made 4th place out of reach for Tot'num. Now, they have a huge incentive to take it to the woodshed vs. burnley and Norwich.
I can realistically see neither Burnley or Leeds getting another point this year, and Burnley stays up on 34 points due to Goal differential.

Foul - Rob Holding

Sure looks like an attempted elbow to the head from Son. The foul was called on Holding.

Foul - Saka

Saka wins the ball and gets stepped on, but the foul was called on him. This led to the Spurs second goal.

Mark Clattenburg on the soft penalty

Let's not mention the potential DOGSO foul from Ben Davies on Saka or Harry Kane wrestling Gabriel to the floor prior to Son's goal either.

Clearly it's all in our heads. :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/now_arsenai/status/1525044311703814145?s=21&t=08HNqlCBpvpkBje-ccrJKw

This wasn’t even called a foul.

What are you talking about? Son pulled Holding down.

lolololol absolutely fucking delusional
ZVjjPW4.png

It's like years of choosing the first team that pops up in FIFA and then deciding they were your favorite team gives u brainworms or something

Back