• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Klopp named PL Manager of the Year?!?! lol wut

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United spent more time at the top of the table this season than Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool.

Sounding like Jurrien Timber is about to close a deal to be EtH's first signing for Manchester United for 30 to 35 mil pounds depending on which source you'd want to believe.

Either way, yes please. Can we give Ajax 50 mil and Harry Maguire in exchange instead?

Sounding like Jurrien Timber is about to close a deal to be EtH's first signing for Manchester United for 30 to 35 mil pounds depending on which source you'd want to believe.

FKjkq49.png

interesting stats, question the defensive positioning and abilities around tackling, but pretty eye popping from ball playing/progressive passing

Of course you would

They both were excellent, Bowen had a few more G/A, Saka had better possession/passing numbers. If Saka played with a striker who scored more than our center back (seriously, that's true, Gabriel scored more than Auba and Laca and even with Eddie), maybe he has a few more G/A. It's very close so of course I'm going to stan for my boy Bukayo.

If Saka played with a forward that scored more then Saka would have scored more. Got it.

If Saka played with a forward that scored more then Saka would have scored more. Got it.

Your lack of any ability to understand nuance or actually critically think always amazes me. But I will spell it out for you, especially since you (as always) move the goalposts and misquote.

If Saka played with a striker who could kick the ball into the net with any regularity, it is likely that the numerous chances he created that Auba and Laca just flat out missed would result in a few more goals scored, thus additional assists for Saka. Which would mean my statement that "maybe he has a few more G/A" would be true. Also, playing with a striker who could consistently score goals, and in the case of Laca, move anywhere with enough speed that defenders have to move with him, would likely open up a bit more space. More space for Saka who already has shown he can roast most LBs at will would likely lead to easier goal scoring chances against a more open defensive line.

I don't know why I continue to engage you but there it is. Happy Wednesday, dv7.

Klopp named PL Manager of the Year?!?! lol wut

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United spent more time at the top of the table this season than Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool.

Nuno Espirito Santo won more Manager of the Month awards this season than Klopp. Pep should get it or it should go to someone who overperformed preseason expectations (Potter or Vieira come to mind). Eddie Howe would also be a reasonable candidate if it were just a half-season award.

GK - Sa

LB - Cancelo
CB - Salisu
CB - Romero
RB - TAA

MF - Rodri
MF - Norgaard
MF - Mount

FW - Salah
FW - Son
FW - Bowen

I would have Saka over Bowen and KDB over Norgaard but otherwise this is pretty solid

Yea IDK how you DON'T put KDB in.

To me, the locks are Cancelo, Salah, Son, KDB, TAA, and probably Rodri. I don't know enough about the lesser known players on smaller teams to comment about the others.

Yea IDK how you DON'T put KDB in.

To me, the locks are Cancelo, Salah, Son, KDB, TAA, and probably Rodri. I don't know enough about the lesser known players on smaller teams to comment about the others.

KDB missed a lot of minutes - he was on the border of qualifying for a season long award in my mind. I also like to credit players who had amazing seasons on teams without huge supporting casts where possible. KDB is one of the top players in the league, but he also has so many top quality players to feed. Norgaard was a monster in Brentford's midfield, though obviously a very different player.

KDB missed a lot of minutes - he was on the border of qualifying for a season long award in my mind. I also like to credit players who had amazing seasons on teams without huge supporting casts where possible. KDB is one of the top players in the league, but he also has so many top quality players to feed. Norgaard was a monster in Brentford's midfield, though obviously a very different player.

I respect that take on recognizing guys from lesser teams. Hence my own selection of Hanley. But KDB also isn't the guy I'd leave out because he was flat out dominant on a lot of the metrics. You could also pick a team that wasn't 4-3-3 to get someone you think was deserving on the team.

I like Oblong's list of locks.

Nuno Espirito Santo won more Manager of the Month awards this season than Klopp. Pep should get it or it should go to someone who overperformed preseason expectations (Potter or Vieira come to mind). Eddie Howe would also be a reasonable candidate if it were just a half-season award.

Potter for me. You lead Brighton to 9th you've done some work.

I respect that take on recognizing guys from lesser teams. Hence my own selection of Hanley. But KDB also isn't the guy I'd leave out because he was flat out dominant on a lot of the metrics. You could also pick a team that wasn't 4-3-3 to get someone you think was deserving on the team.

I like Oblong's list of locks.

Hanley is a decent player but I think there are a ton of better candidates from lesser teams than a starting CB on a defense that shipped 84 goals.

Hanley is a decent player but I think there are a ton of better candidates from lesser teams than a starting CB on a defense that shipped 84 goals.

Really good on winning aerial duals and on clearances generally. So yeah, they were awful overall. But to me he stood up to the barrage. Totally get where you're coming from though.

Hanley is just what Michael Keane was at Burnley. Or Maguire at Leicester, for that matter. Lump balls in and around him and he'll do a job but is a limited player. A deep line defender that would be exposed if played in a more modern set-up.

I don't have a strong opinion on who should win (there are good arguments for a few candidates), but Klopp absolutely overperformed preseason expectations. If you go back and look at the preseason predictions from those in the media and non-Liverpool fans on this board, very few had Liverpool as high as second.

Hanley is just what Michael Keane was at Burnley. Or Maguire at Leicester, for that matter. Lump balls in and around him and he'll do a job but is a limited player. A deep line defender that would be exposed if played in a more modern set-up.

Very fair save I'd probably replace the word "modern" with the phrase "on a team that didn't have the resources to come close to possessing the ball 50% of every game". Just noting the guy did his job and then some this year.

Missed this on Sunday but it sounds like Brenden Aaronson to Leeds happened for £25M? Nice business there by Salzburg.

Missed this on Sunday but it sounds like Brenden Aaronson to Leeds happened for £25M? Nice business there by Salzburg.

From my understanding it's been a done deal for a while, contingent on us staying up. A midfield of Aaronson, Harrison, and James is going to have a work rate through the fucking roof.

We desperately need a LB, RB, CM, and DM now. A number 9 striker would be nice too. A healthy Bamford can occupy two average CBs, so someone who can play off of that would be great.

Barca have their eyes on Raph which should net us some money to work with. KP will probably be sold too. If all of this money, and then some, isn't reinvested directly in roster upgrades we're going to be in a not fun spot again next season.

Back